Announcing Utah Haskell - First meetup Thursday, Aug 20

Ryan Hess

Aug 8, 2015, 11:26:10 AM8/8/15
to Utah Python User Group
Hi everyone,

We're starting a Haskell meetup! We're going to meet once a month, in a practical hands-on lab format. Each month we will choose a simple program and each person will code it up, helping and mentoring each other as we go.

If you haven't heard of Haskell, it's functional programming language with loads of new concepts and great features. If you feel like it's only for academics or rocket surgeons, come see otherwise. If you already love it, come learn more.

So come hang out! Murphy Randle is organizing it with me (along with other non-JS folks). Jamison Dance approves. The first meetup will be Thursday, August 20th, at 7:00pm at Kuali.co in Lehi.

Please join the mailing list if interested so you can keep up with what we're doing.

We don't have food sponsors yet, so for now, plan on eating before coming over.  Also, Lambda Lounge is lending us their meetup, so please RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/Lambda-Lounge-Utah/events/224451561/

Hope to see you there!