Resources for the Developer Mindset

Steve Matney

Apr 17, 2014, 5:12:18 PM4/17/14
to utahp...@googlegroups.com
Hi friends!

I'm looking for books or articles that describe the developer mindset or aspects therein. Anything from common developer traits/fears/perspectives to programmer brain hacks to 7 Habits of Highly Effective Computer Code Talkers.

Also helpful would be articles about the brain-work involved for devs in specific tasks like context switching, meetings, code review, etc.

Taking all comers!
Thank you!

Ryan Hess

Apr 17, 2014, 5:42:19 PM4/17/14
to utahp...@googlegroups.com
It's an old book, but I've always loved Peopleware.  Not specifically about programmers, but somewhat about how to manage them, and therefore about how they think.

JT Zemp

Apr 17, 2014, 6:58:30 PM4/17/14
to utahp...@googlegroups.com
My two favorites, incidentally from the same publisher and authors:

Steve Matney

Apr 21, 2014, 3:43:12 PM4/21/14
to utahp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your responses, guys! I'll take a look at the resources you mentioned.

-Steve.