Moonlighting gig for Senior Python UX Designer

Laurie Nylund

Jun 8, 2015, 12:47:49 PM6/8/15
to utahp...@googlegroups.com

Interesting opportunity we just got this in this morning We have a part time, moonlighting role for a senior Python UX Designer – you do not need to do the work on-site (but it would help if you can meet face to face on occasion).

There is a team meeting tomorrow (Tuesday - June 8) at 1:30pm  that they are inviting interested candidates – if you can attend, contribute and display the skills needed, they will use this meeting to launch the project. We would like to send over some resumes today.

If you know someone who might be interested, please respond to this asap or give me a call!

Thanks,

Laurie

Laurie Nylund

Director of Technology Services

ConsultNet

801-208-4814

Laurie Nylund

Jun 8, 2015, 1:14:24 PM6/8/15
to utahp...@googlegroups.com

I got a couple of hits on this right away, and decided I should share more info.  ;-)

The client is thinking 15-20 hours per week for about 2 months – though they are able to be flexible even on that time. A little bit desperate because the person who was doing the work went on extended leave. Probably $50ish per hour. What they really need is a very good UX designer who would be able to jump on the project quickly. He or she would be part of a Visual FX team that supports a command line pipeline. They are revamping it and want to start including an improved UI. The back end is in Python and that eliminates many artists/graphic designers as they can’t deal with a command line environment nor Python in most cases.

Requires: Multiple years UX/UI experience, including GUI's. Programming in Python is preferred to demonstrate "how it would work" – at least in a rudimentary way via wireframes.

If this is something that would fit your skills please shoot me over a resume asap.

Thanks,

Laurie