Utah Python June 2015 Meetup Joining Utah Java User Group (UJUG)

Clint Savage

Jun 10, 2015, 1:56:47 PM6/10/15
to Utah Python List
Hi all,

Since we haven't had a successful BYOProblem presented, we're going to change gears. I just recently was informed about an amazing presenter at the Utah Java User Group meetup tomorrow.

Matthew McCullough - Collaborative Software Development in a Social World

Matthew McCullough is the Director of Field Services at GitHub, Inc. and works with 25 brilliant colleagues to build Git-based workflow solutions, train users around the world on the most effective use of the GitHub collaboration platform, and facilitate the rollout of GitHub Enterprise instances. Matthew also writes books and records videos for O'Reilly and Addison-Wesley on the topics of delivering technical presentations, the use of modern build and continuous integration tools, and version control industry best practices.

PLEASE NOTE: UJUG starts at 5:30pm in Murray at the Intermountain Medical Center. Details can be found at:
See you all in July at needle for our next awesome meetup.

Cheers,

herlo

On Sat, May 30, 2015 at 1:11 AM, Clint Savage <her...@gmail.com> wrote:

In January, 2015, we changed the format of our meetup to 'Problem Solving'. I asked for help with packaging. It worked so well, we tried it again in March with ETL, and that was also a success!

SO WE'RE ADDING IT AS A REGULAR MEETUP EVERY OTHER MONTH!!

We are looking for a problem to solve, an idea you have, a tool you'd like to learn. Submit your ideas below in comments, or email her...@gmail.com (that's me). I'll help identify the problem and prep it for our meeting. Please get your submissions to me by June 4. This gives me enough time to do a proper announcement and such for our June 11 meetup.

Details are available at http://www.meetup.com/PythonAtThePoint/events/222556062/

Please RSVP on meetup if you are interested in attending.

Cheers,

herlo

Bruce Boyes

Jun 11, 2015, 8:00:36 PM6/11/15
to utahp...@googlegroups.com

I'm here at the doty edu center. can't find the right room...

Bruce Boyes

Jun 11, 2015, 8:05:29 PM6/11/15
to utahp...@googlegroups.com
I'm in a time warp. Wrong week, sorry.

Clint Savage

Jun 11, 2015, 8:14:12 PM6/11/15
to Utah Python List
I'm sorry Bruce, I knew someone would miss the details. Tonight's meeting has been canceled. Sorry about the confusion.

Cheers,

herlo

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 6:05 PM, Bruce Boyes <bbo...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm in a time warp. Wrong week, sorry.

Bruce Boyes

Jun 11, 2015, 8:17:28 PM6/11/15
to utahp...@googlegroups.com

no worries. what I. get for not reading details more closely. a sign of too much going on in my little brain.

Colton Myers

Jun 12, 2015, 12:16:32 PM6/12/15
to utahp...@googlegroups.com
> I just recently was informed about an amazing presenter at the Utah Java User Group meetup tomorrow.

That was the source of the confusion. I later received notifications from meetup about time/date changes but this had already fixated in my brain. xD Oh well, mistakes happen.

--
Colton Myers

Clint Savage

Jun 12, 2015, 12:44:59 PM6/12/15
to Utah Python List
Yes, I did put tomorrow. I apologize for the confusion.

herlo

Clint Savage

Jun 17, 2015, 12:29:52 PM6/17/15
to Utah Python List
Just a quick reminder that tomorrow, we're meeting up with UJUG for our Python at the Point meets UJUG meeting.