SpotterRF is Hiring

AJ ONeal

Apr 25, 2012, 7:24:27 PM4/25/12
to Provo HTML5, ujsug, uta...@googlegroups.com, Provo Linux Users Group, Utah Embedded
I previously posted this on some of the other lists, but we're still looking for great people to bring onboard.

We're a growing tech startup in Orem - in the old Word Perfect complex with other fun companies, but no foosball (sorry) - and we're looking to hire the top minds in Utah for multiple full-time positions with excellent salary and benefits (we try to stay well above the average on all accounts, but ask if interested in the specifics).

Our core product and primary focus is the world's first Compact Tracking Radar (not the large spinning blip-blip kind), affectionately known as "The Spotter". It's the size of a small lunch box and tracks in real-time, which we primary sell in military / gov't markets.

The success of and need for our product has put us in the unique but challenging position to bring government and military customers into the 21st century of technology, design, and usability (and that *is* a challenge). For example, we use an HTML5 interface for our tracking system and it only works in real browsers (not MSIE).  (I've shown it to many of you at group meetings).

If you love technology, want to work in a friendly environment, and have a budding (or deep) interest in a mix of the areas below, or you just have a good feeling about it, please get in touch with me.

Embedded Developer

* Linux, Arduino
* Raspberry Pi
* C
* Soldering

Web Designer
* Adobe Suite
* CSS3
* HTML5

Application Developer
* Application language (i.e. NodeJS, Ruby, Python)
* Systems language (i.e Golang, D, C)
* Problem solving skills

Algorithm Developer
* Radar, Sonar, etc
* Game Design
* Artificial Intelligence
* Machine learning
* R, MatLab

Here are some projects that have sprung out of github.com/SpotterRF (both on and off the clock):

* Foobar3000 - The worlds most advanced (and convenient) echo server
* Dropshare - Simple file-sharing that gets past (government) e-mail filters
* Mildoc - Pretty documentation for the rest of us
* Tolmey - GPS Geotranslation in JavaScript
* Appr - Application Distribution (think App Store)

AJ ONeal