FLARE: Feb 24, Noon, GDC 3.516

Stephen Roller

Feb 17, 2017, 9:29:00 AM2/17/17
to ut-flare
Hi all,

We'll have our next FLARE meeting in one week, on Feb 24 in the usual time and place.

We'll be reading:

Understanding deep learning requires rethinking generalization
Chiyuan Zhang, Samy Bengio, Moritz Hardt, Benjamin Recht, Oriol Vinyals

This has been accepted to ICLR 2017. It had a very heavy discussion in peer review.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Roller

Feb 20, 2017, 10:44:58 AM2/20/17
to ut-flare
Hi All,

In addition to the main paper, I encourage everyone to read this review, which has been making the social media rounds. It's a bit long, but I think it will be good.

Cheers,
Stephen

Stephen Roller

Feb 20, 2017, 5:28:21 PM2/20/17
to ut-flare
It's long for a peer review response ;)

Stephen Roller

Feb 23, 2017, 12:19:45 PM2/23/17
to ut-flare
Hi All,

Reminder about tomorrow. Please read both papers for the meeting; the second one is really short.

Cheers,
Stephen

Dinesh Jayaraman