meeting this week

Leif Johnson

Dec 2, 2014, 2:30:21 PM12/2/14
to ut-f...@googlegroups.com
Somehow it's December already! We will have our last meeting of the
semester on Friday at 10am in GDC 3.516 to discuss the following
paper:

http://arxiv.org/abs/1410.5401

Neural Turing Machines
Alex Graves, Greg Wayne, Ivo Danihelka

We extend the capabilities of neural networks by coupling them to
external memory resources, which they can interact with by attentional
processes. The combined system is analogous to a Turing Machine or Von
Neumann architecture but is differentiable end-to-end, allowing it to
be efficiently trained with gradient descent. Preliminary results
demonstrate that Neural Turing Machines can infer simple algorithms
such as copying, sorting, and associative recall from input and output
examples.

lmj

--
http://www.cs.utexas.edu/~leif