[ANN] Lambda Lounge Utah

Ben Mabey

Nov 11, 2013, 2:57:19 PM11/11/13
to uses...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I'm starting up a Lambda Lounge chapter here in Utah. It is modeled after the original Lambda Lounge in St. Louis[1] and
various other chapters that have popped up around the world.

Rather than focusing on a single language or technology Lambda Lounge discusses a wide variety of topics. Programming
paradigms with a strong bent towards functional programming will be the primary focus but any interesting idea or
emerging tech is fair game.  We may talk about Haskell and Scala one night and then talk about CSP[2] another while
contrasting Erlang with Go. Above all, this is a technical user group whose goal is to make your brain hurt after each
meeting. If you have ever been to a StrangeLoop conference[3] you can think of a Lambda Lounge as being a smaller
monthly version of it.

We will be meeting every second Tuesday of the month starting in December. Please visit the Meetup site to learn about
our first AMAZING meetup. I'm looking for feedback on what people would be interested in hearing about so please join the
conversation by participating on the mailing list and filling out the Meetup survey.

Meetup site:   http://www.meetup.com/Lambda-Lounge-Utah/

I hope to see you all at the lounge!

Thanks,
Ben