Upcoming free Functional and Reactive programming courses from Martin Odersky, Erik Meijer, and Roland Kuhn

James Gates

Sep 3, 2013, 12:46:26 PM9/3/13
to uses...@googlegroups.com
Martin Odersky describes the courses at http://www.scala-lang.org/news/2013/08/27/coursera-announcements.html

This excerpt gives the schedule:

Time wise, the two courses follow each other. Principles of Functional Programming starts September 16 and goes for 7 weeks, then Principles of Reactive Programming starts November 4 and also goes for 7 weeks. So if you want to learn about reactive programming but feel your Scala skills could use some improvement, there’s still time to enroll for the functional programming course.

Definitely recommended.

Tim Harper

Sep 3, 2013, 2:05:19 PM9/3/13
to uses...@googlegroups.com, Joe Tanner
James,

Thanks for posting this! I was bummed that I'd missed out on the last functional programming in Scala course and am very excited about this one.

I'd like to organize a study group that meets weekly for discussion of the homework problems and other items. Anybody in the Draper area share a similar interest? We could meet early morning or lunch time at my offices, we're just off Bangerter by the freeway.

Erik

Sep 3, 2013, 2:56:36 PM9/3/13
to uses...@googlegroups.com, Joe Tanner
Let's discuss tomorrow night. I'm in Draper and can likely participate.