August 2014 Meeting

Jeff Shutt

Jul 10, 2014, 11:03:01 AM7/10/14
to uses...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone, starting with August, we are going to be using Meetup.com in order to announce and manage our meetings. Hopefully this will allow us to do it in a more organized fashion and better serve our group.
You can find our group page here.

Jeff Shutt

Jul 11, 2014, 10:48:24 PM7/11/14
to uses...@googlegroups.com
Good news, pizza and drinks will be provided at the August meeting so please help us make sure we get enough by RSVP'ing on meetup. Hope to see everyone there!

Jeff Shutt

Jul 30, 2014, 6:08:26 PM7/30/14
to uses...@googlegroups.com
We have had another change to our August meeting. We will have the opportunity to learn from James Ward, so if you haven't RSVP'd yet, please do so. Oh, and spread the word about the meeting, we would like to have a great turnout.

Aaron A

Jul 30, 2014, 9:19:02 PM7/30/14
to uses...@googlegroups.com

That is amazing news. Very cool.

Erik

Jul 31, 2014, 12:32:03 AM7/31/14
to uses...@googlegroups.com
Hey Aaron great to hear from you.

Yes, James is great and I'm really pleased to be able put this together for the group. The timing just worked out for some other stuff I'm putting together and James was gracious enough to be available that evening. The topic is a very interesting one as well...see below...and James' bio for those less familiar with his rockstar-ness ;-)

Building & Deploying Reactive Service Pipelines

Composition of micro-service is a modern integration pattern that couples nicely with Reactive and Continuous Delivery. These paradigms enable small teams to move quickly while integrating cross-silo data stores for modern JavaScript UIs and REST services. This session will use Scala, Play Framework, and Heroku to illustrate how to build and deploy Reactive Service Pipelines.

James' bio: http://www.jamesward.com/about-james-ward/