Functional Programming in Scala - Study Group

Tim Harper

Sep 13, 2013, 3:03:41 AM9/13/13
to uses...@googlegroups.com
Hello Scala enthusiasts!

I am organizing a local study group in Draper for the Functional Programming course in Scala starting next week. I spoke to several Scala group members at the meeting about this. We'll meet once a week for an hour, most likely early in the morning, but time is negotiable. We'll get together to discuss homework assignments and review material. Joining in via google hangouts is an option but slightly prefer local, on-site meeting.

The meetings will be held at the SpinGo offices, right by Bangerter Highway and I15, 14193 S. Minuteman Drive Suite 100.

If you're interested, please email me!

Tim

Tim Harper

Sep 13, 2013, 3:04:36 AM9/13/13
to uses...@googlegroups.com
(if you missed it, here's the link to the Scala course: https://www.coursera.org/course/progfun)

Jeff Romine

Sep 13, 2013, 7:46:42 AM9/13/13
to uses...@googlegroups.com

Tim,

I'm interested depending on whether the time works for me.

-Jeff Romine

Tim Harper

Sep 13, 2013, 12:37:47 PM9/13/13
to uses...@googlegroups.com
Since it seems the lectures are released on Monday, we're thinking Thursday at 5:30 PM, to give us a few days to work through the material and assignments before meeting.

Does that not work for anyone?

Tim

David Gates

Sep 13, 2013, 5:59:02 PM9/13/13
to uses...@googlegroups.com
UJUG is on Thursday, but that'll only be a conflict twice during the course.

David Gates

Tim Harper

Sep 13, 2013, 8:00:32 PM9/13/13
to uses...@googlegroups.com
We're settling on Wed @ 5:30 PM

So, here's the details, again:

Scala Study Group
Wednesdays @ 5:30 PM
SpinGo offices
14193 S. Minuteman Drive Suite 100
Draper, UT 84020

- Ashton Snelgrove
- Joe Tanner
- Clay Ferris (remote)
- Jeff Romine
- Tim Harper
- David Gates?

On Sep 13, 2013, at 15:59, David Gates <gat...@gmail.com> wrote:

UJUG is on Thursday, but that'll only be a conflict twice during the course.

David Gates

Jeff Shutt

Sep 13, 2013, 8:34:51 PM9/13/13
to uses...@googlegroups.com

Personally I liked Thursday better since we meet on Wednesdays. Granted the course is only 7 weeks, but it still conflicts with at least one meeting.

David Gates

Sep 13, 2013, 9:06:27 PM9/13/13
to uses...@googlegroups.com
Should just be one. We can push it to Thursday that week.

David Gates