September Topic, Test Patterns Activator Lab

Erik

Aug 19, 2013, 12:29:38 AM8/19/13
to uses...@googlegroups.com
I'm creating a 60min lab on TypeSafe's activator for our September meeting. The activator will jump-start various test patterns and should give others in our group an opportunity to contribute code. The desired outcomes for participants are:
1) Be able to use and create Activators
2) Learn/Review test patterns
3) Write code and contribute to the Test Pattern Activator
4) Provide a Test Patterns Activator to the Scala community that makes it high-value and low-risk for organizations to use Scala for test automation.

Additionally, I'd like to pitch some upcoming Scala training and other opportunities. See you there!

Jeff Shutt

Aug 22, 2013, 10:34:19 PM8/22/13
to uses...@googlegroups.com
I have created a Google+ event for our September 2013 meeting, looking forward to a great presentation by Erik! For those of you who are trying to introduce your colleagues to Scala, this presentation will be one for them to come and see. Testing is a great way for people to not only learn Scala, but to use it in a work environment because requirements are generally a less strict. So invite your co-workers! See everyone there.
Thanks

Jeremy Stowell

Aug 23, 2013, 1:51:56 PM8/23/13
to uses...@googlegroups.com
Hey Erik, you should setup a Google hangout for the meeting so that I could attend after running kids around to sports.  :)

--Jeremy

Jeremy Stowell

Utah Scala Enthusiasts

Aug 23, 2013, 2:32:51 PM8/23/13
to uses...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the idea Jeremy. Would prefer to see you there in person :)...but it would expand participation for those that can't make it. Let's consider.

What do you think Jeff and all?

Erik

Aug 23, 2013, 2:39:13 PM8/23/13
to uses...@googlegroups.com
Ardec UseScala Professional Services can pay for pizza in Sept if interested. Let me know Jeff...and if someone else could pick it up that would be great.

Jeff Shutt

Aug 23, 2013, 2:41:16 PM8/23/13
to uses...@googlegroups.com
If you look at the March event comments you will see that we had 2 such requests then but frankly I didn't have the time/means to do this. I think the idea is great, if someone has the time and willingness to take it on.
Jeff Shutt
"Take Luck and Care!"
     -Brian Regan

Jeff Shutt

Aug 23, 2013, 3:06:29 PM8/23/13
to uses...@googlegroups.com
Pizza sounds wonderful! I will work out the details with you.

Jeremy Stowell

Aug 23, 2013, 3:50:34 PM8/23/13
to uses...@googlegroups.com
Thanks.  Yep would prefer to be in person too, but if I am unable to would still be nice to have the option to attend remotely.

On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 12:32 PM, Utah Scala Enthusiasts <coach...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Jeremy Stowell

coach3pete

Aug 24, 2013, 4:44:02 PM8/24/13
to uses...@googlegroups.com
I'll see what I can do...just for you Jeremy!

Jeff Shutt

Aug 27, 2013, 10:58:12 PM8/27/13
to uses...@googlegroups.com
Just a reminder about our meeting next week. As you may or may not have noticed, Pizza will be provided by UseScala Professional Services so it will be helpful if everyone can RSVP via our Google+ event so we can make sure to have enough pizza. Also, and I know I say this a lot, but please invite any and all to come to the meeting. We are trying to make a big push in order to grow our numbers and perhaps get some outside speakers to come in and present to us. Last but not least, Erik is presenting to us, so you know it's going to be good!