Scala night at Lambda Lounge

Ben Mabey

Feb 24, 2014, 11:46:18 AM2/24/14
to uses...@googlegroups.com
Hi Scala enthusiasts,
Next month's Lambda Lounge is going to be completely devoted to Scala:

http://www.meetup.com/Lambda-Lounge-Utah/events/164368132/

Having some extra Scala expertise in the audience fielding questions would be great since Ryan Knight's presentation is interactive. That's right, you can be an honorary TA for the night!  The presentations are covering a lot of interesting ground so even if you are an expert you may still learn something. :)

See you at the lounge!

-Ben

Jeff Shutt

Feb 24, 2014, 12:18:40 PM2/24/14
to uses...@googlegroups.com
As we do not have any presentations scheduled for our March meeting, and after clearing this with Ben, I would like to propose that we piggy back on this event and make it our official March meeting. It looks like it is going to be a great meeting. Any objections? If so, feel free to ready a presentation for us. ;)

Jason Wheeler

Feb 24, 2014, 12:35:41 PM2/24/14
to uses...@googlegroups.com
I like that idea.  But I can't figure out how to RSVP...

Tim Harper

Feb 24, 2014, 3:52:35 PM2/24/14
to uses...@googlegroups.com
It’s a good suggestion. I third the motion to merge March’s meeting with Lambda lounge.

coach3pete

Feb 25, 2014, 8:46:08 PM2/25/14
to uses...@googlegroups.com
Sounds great.

Scott Ohlund

Mar 10, 2014, 11:31:51 PM3/10/14
to uses...@googlegroups.com
Jason - did you figure out how to RSVP? I seem to have the same problem.

James Gates

Mar 11, 2014, 12:45:03 AM3/11/14
to uses...@googlegroups.com
You have to request to join the Lambda Lounge (which requires filling out a profile) and then be approved by an organizer. Once that happens you'll get an email with RSVP links for the events.

Jason Wheeler

Mar 11, 2014, 4:36:56 PM3/11/14
to uses...@googlegroups.com
Hi Scott,

I had to create a profile and then I had to go to the site and manually find the event and then it showed the link to RSVP.  If I used the direct link from the email to the event the RSVP button did not appear.

Jason