RINO John McCain, key Republican holdout, backs Senate tax bill

Doug Ster

Nov 30, 2017, 5:37:32 PM11/30/17
He might as well do one smart thing before cancer finishes eating his
brain.

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., threw his support behind the Republican tax
plan Thursday, boosting the bill's chances of passage ahead of an
expected late-night vote.

McCain said that while the Senate bill is "far from perfect," he
believes it will "enhance American competitiveness, boost the economy
and provide long overdue tax relief for middle class families."

Passage of the bill would give President Donald Trump a much-needed
legislative achievement in his first year in office, after several
failed efforts to repeal Obamacare and little progress on other top
priorities.

While McCain's support offered momentum, a late-in-the-day analysis
from the nonpartisan Joint Committee on Taxation found the plan
doesn't live up to expectations.

The JCT estimated that even accounting for economic growth, the tax
bill would grow the deficit by $1 trillion over 10 years. The GOP had
previously said that economic growth would cover the costs of the
bill, which the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office said would be
a $1.44 trillion addition to the deficit over the same time.

A spokesman for Senate Finance Committee Chairman Orrin Hatch, R-Utah,
told NBC News that the tax bill was still "evolving" and noted that
other economists have predicted higher growth, but said "the findings
of JCT are curious and deserve further scrutiny."

Assuming Senate Democrats all vote against the tax plan, Trump can
only afford to lose two Republican votes on the measure — three would
sink the bill.

There’s a handful of other holdouts, including Sens. Bob Corker of
Tennessee, James Lankford of Oklahoma and Jeff Flake of Arizona, who
have expressed concerns about how the bill will affect the deficit.
They want a "trigger" mechanism that would hike taxes should the bill
not prompt enough economic growth. Corker and Flake both announced
this year that they would not seek re-election in 2018.

Trump and GOP lawmakers have repeatedly touted the bill as a boon for
the middle class, despite several independent analyses that say
otherwise. In fact, two-thirds of middle-class earners would see tax
increases, according to the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center.

The bill would also eliminate the Affordable Care Act's individual
mandate, cutting the tax credits it offered to lower income earners
who purchase healthcare. This would leave poorer Americans worse off,
CBO said, while top earners and corporations would benefit.

McCain has been a deciding vote on the president's past priorities,
helping to sink an Obamacare repeal this year, but said he would
support this bill because it benefits "all Americans."

"This bill would directly benefit all Americans, allowing them to keep
a higher percentage of what they earn," McCain said in a statement.
"For months, I have called for a return to regular order, and I am
pleased that this important bill was considered through the normal
legislative processes, with several hearings and a thorough mark-up in
the Senate Finance Committee during which more than 350 amendments
were filed and 69 received a vote."

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., rallied his party
behind the bill on Thursday.

"This is a good bill, and by overhauling our tax code, we can provide
much needed support to the men and women who sent us here," he said.
"It's our opportunity to overhaul our complex tax code and shift the
economy into high gear."

Democrats, meanwhile, have remained united in opposition.

The bill will "increase the deficit which will cannibalize support
from everything we know is essential to economic growth [and] a strong
middle class," Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., said in
tweet.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/let-feds-negotiate-drug-prices-experts-say-n825331

Schumer has no credibility. He's been sucking Wall Street cocks his
entire political career.

#BeamMeUpScotty

Nov 30, 2017, 6:18:40 PM11/30/17
On 11/30/2017 05:37 PM, Doug Ster wrote:
> He might as well do one smart thing before cancer finishes eating his
> brain.
>
> Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., threw his support behind the Republican tax
> plan Thursday, boosting the bill's chances of passage ahead of an
> expected late-night vote.
>
> McCain said that while the Senate bill is "far from perfect," he
> believes it will "enhance American competitiveness, boost the economy
> and provide long overdue tax relief for middle class families."

Time to retire before the long dirt nap.

--
That's Karma

Have you ever noticed that Marxists think that the history of white
heterosexual men taking over lands was evil but when Marxists take over
lands it's progress?

Lee

Dec 1, 2017, 12:25:35 PM12/1/17
Doug Ster wrote:

> He might as well do one smart thing before cancer finishes eating his
> brain.
>
> Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., threw his support behind the Republican tax
> plan Thursday, boosting the bill's chances of passage ahead of an
> expected late-night vote.

A millionaire supports a tax
cut for millionaires. Lets see a
show of hands from everyone here