Fox Host Goes Off on Sanders Supporter Over Wealth Redistribution: "I’m_Damned_If_I’m Going to Pay Any More"

1 view

Ubiquitous

Feb 24, 2016, 8:40:27 AM2/24/16

Fox Business host Stuart Varney got a little, as he said, “hot under
the collar” Monday when a supporter of Democratic presidential
hopeful Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders praised the candidate’s plan to
“redistribute” wealth.

“I really believe in his vision for the working class, expanding the
middle class, and redistributing the income in this country,” Erin
Bilbray, a Democratic superdelegate for Sanders, told Varney, who
was visibly flustered.

“OK, alright, you’re going to take it off me and give it to somebody
else. I got it. OK,” Varney said, seemingly frustrated.

“No, no, no, that’s not what I’m saying,” Bilbray replied.

But the “Varney & Co.” host was not convinced, telling the Sanders
supporter, “Let’s not beat around the bush.”

“He is going to take it off me. I already pay 60 percent of my
income in taxes, and he wants more. Please, don’t confuse the issue,
he is going to take it off me and give it to somebody else. If you
think that’s OK, that’s fine with me. I don’t. Let me move on,”
Varney continued.

class, working mother who is “excited” about Sanders’ tax plan and
his tuition-free college policy.

“I’ve got two young daughters, and I know their college is going to
be paid for,” she said. “And so I’m very happy about that.”

“OK. I’ve got six kids, nine grandchildren, and I don’t like paying
60 percent of my income in taxes, and I’m damned if I’m going to pay
any more,” Varney shot back.

Later, the conversation turned toward morality.

“Do you think it’s moral that I, as the father of six, grandparent
of nine, 67 years old, works five or six days a week, 12 hours every
day, you think it’s moral for me to lose 6 cents on every 10 cents
that I earn? And Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton want more.
Explain the morality of that, will you?” Varney inquired.

Bilbray responded by telling Varney that it’s “immoral” that people
cannot find jobs with good hours and livable wages.

“Do you think that’s got something to do with Obamacare?” Varney
asked before the conversation ended.

http://youtu.be/c1PzziZ0Cjo

--
Obama demands the Senate follow the Constitution and approve his
Justice nominee who was picked to purposely not follow the

Beam Me Up Scotty

Feb 24, 2016, 12:17:52 PM2/24/16
On 02/24/2016 11:47 AM, super70s wrote:
>> "Do you think it's moral that I, as the father of six, grandparent
>> of nine, 67 years old, works five or six days a week, 12 hours every
>> day, you think it's moral for me to lose 6 cents on every 10 cents
>> that I earn?
>
> He's forced to work 12 hours a day to put on a 3-hr. show? Sounds like
> they're real slave drivers over at the Fox Business channel (which
> nobody watches anyway).
>
> If he's putting all those hours in voluntarily so he can pull down half
> a million a year fine but don't start whining about it.

The only way it's moral is if he signed up for Social Security
voluntarily... If he agreed to those terms in his contract then that is
moral.

--
That's Karma

If a marriage license *can't* tell you who you *must marry*
depending on sexual identity... how can a business license tell
you who you *Must engage in commerce with* depending on sexual
identity?

*Liberalism is unsustainable, self destructive and contradicting*

NoBody

Feb 25, 2016, 6:54:03 AM2/25/16
On Wed, 24 Feb 2016 05:37:17 -0500, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net>
wrote: