California Democrat Loons Threaten to Stop Paying Federal Taxes

1 view

Leroy N. Soetoro

Feb 12, 2017, 9:25:29 PM2/12/17
http://www.breitbart.com/california/2017/01/29/california-democrats-fire-
first-shot-threaten-cut-off-funds-feds/

California Democrats are going on the offensive, firing the first shot in
their pitched battle with President Donald J. Trump, and threatening to
“cut off the Feds” by withholding taxes.

According to CBS San Francisco, former State Assembly Speaker Willie
Brown, Jr. said: “California could very well become an organized non-
payer. … They could recommend non-compliance with the federal tax code.”
Democrats are considering the tax revolt as part of what CBS San Francisco
called an “all-out war” against the Trump administration, which could also
include holding back state transfers of funds to the federal government.

The list of potential state transfers to Washington is limited, however,
according to one expert on the inner workings of California’s government
contacted by Breitbart News, who did not wish to be named. He cited the
handful of areas where the State of California remits large dollar
amounts, including biweekly federal tax withholding from millions of state
workers, and worker’s compensation fund payments.

California is often described as a “donor state,” meaning that California
remits more money than it takes in federal funds to keep hundreds of
entitlement programs afloat. While that may be true, it does not paint an
accurate picture of California’s finances.

As Governor Jerry Brown admitted in his “State of the State” speech last
week, the Golden State is dependent on “tens of billions of dollars” to
keep Covered California (California’s version of ObamaCare) afloat, such
that losing it would blow a hole in California’s budget, creating a
massive shortfall.

If state officials move to stop federal withholdings, that would put
California state workers in a very precarious position, and could have
profound consequences for the state as a non-compliant employer — not to
mention massive financial penalties that could be assessed.

California Democrats are accustomed to steamrolling over the weak
opposition, to say nothing of crushing individual business large and
small, often taking on entire industries like the twin behemoths — oil and
agriculture — and forcing them to comply or die.

(Remember the Amazon sales tax fight in California? The world’s most
valuable company folded like an empty suit in a hurricane.)

But California Democrats have never dealt with anyone like our new
president. President Donald J. Trump is not likely to tolerate
lawlessness and defiance from a petulant blue minority in a nation turned
red. Threats to cut off what would not even amount to 10% of the money
flowing from California to Washington, D.C. could trigger President Trump
turning off the spigot altogether — essentially drying up the almost 80%
of California funds that are returned to the state in federal funding.

Democrats, drunk on local power, seem to have forgotten the lessons of
1992, when Republican Governor Pete Wilson came out and announced, “This
morning, California is running on empty,” and the state began issuing
I.O.U.’s in lieu of payment for the first time since the Great Depression.

Failing to remit worker’s compensation funds put California in arrears for
decades.

Do Democrats really want to risk California’s solvency by throwing sand in
the eye of the Leviathan?

If the Trump administration holds the “Trump card” simply by shutting off
the subsidies for one program — and Gov. Brown admits they do when it
comes to ObamaCare funding — it is clear which side holds the leverage.

California is particularly vulnerable because of the dependence of many
illegal aliens on public assistance, and on the federal earned income tax
credit.

With the stroke of a pen, President Trump could shut down the state by
cutting off or delaying funds.

Moreover, federal funds fuel almost every major institution in California,
including:

Military Bases
K-12 Schools
Public Colleges and Universities (Federal funds, student loans)
Airports
Ports
Federal contracts with technology and defense companies
Since the California Constitution forbids deficit funding, the state
cannot live off credit cards alone.

With over $400 billion in debt, and with a state pension system
dangerously underfunded, a sustained battle with the federal government
would break the already broke state.

Tim Donnelly is a former California State Assemblyman.

parade of the democrat party has run out of gas.

Congratulations President Trump. Thank you for ending the disaster of the
Obama presidency.

ObamaCare is a total 100% failure and no lie that can be put forth by its
supporters can dispute that.

Obama jobs, the result of ObamaCare. 12-15 working hours a week at minimum
wage, no benefits and the primary revenue stream for ObamaCare. It can't
be funded with money people don't have, yet liberals lie about how great
it is.

Obama increased total debt from $10 trillion to $20 trillion in the eight
years he has been in office, and sold out heterosexuals for Hollywood
queer liberal democrat donors.

With a little luck, we'll see compulsive liar Hillary Clinton in jail too.

Wayne

Feb 13, 2017, 11:52:07 AM2/13/17
On 2/12/2017 6:25 PM, Leroy N. Soetoro wrote:
> http://www.breitbart.com/california/2017/01/29/california-democrats-fire-
> first-shot-threaten-cut-off-funds-feds/
>
> California Democrats are going on the offensive, firing the first shot in
> their pitched battle with President Donald J. Trump, and threatening to
> “cut off the Feds” by withholding taxes.
>
> According to CBS San Francisco, former State Assembly Speaker Willie
> Brown, Jr. said: “California could very well become an organized non-
> payer. … They could recommend non-compliance with the federal tax code.”

Cool. Maybe I'll stop paying CA income tax, too.
I'll wait till I see if they get away with it.

First-Post

Feb 13, 2017, 12:28:58 PM2/13/17
On Mon, 13 Feb 2017 08:52:04 -0800, Wayne <mygarb...@verizon.net>
wrote:
I don't see a problem with it.
They don't want to pay federal taxes then they obviously don't want
any federal funding.

They also obviously don't want any of those federal facilities such as
military bases that generate so much revenue for the surrounding areas
either.
Since such facilities are supported solely with federal dollars then
they should just be relocated to neighboring states.

On a side note, if you look at which Californians are in favor of such
a stupid assed idea, they mostly live in the southwest section of the
state where you have San Francisco, Los Angeles and the rest of the
predominately liberal enclaves of the state.
Since Trump did garner nearly 4.5 million votes in California, it is
evident that there is still a large population of conservatives living
in the state.
So the logical thing to do regarding any part of the US separating
itself from the whole would be to just allow those mostly liberal
populated counties in the southern portion of the state to secede and
allow the rest of the state and it's population of American citizens
to remain as the newly organized state of California.

It would save a lot of money on a border wall as well as the existing
wall between California and Mexico could just be moved north by a few
hundred miles, yes?

Siri Cruise

Feb 13, 2017, 12:46:20 PM2/13/17
In article <8aq3acpfhka93tuvt...@4ax.com>,
First-Post <ProgressivesW...@invalid.org> wrote:

> I don't see a problem with it.
> They don't want to pay federal taxes then they obviously don't want
> any federal funding.

Idaho. Montana.

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.'
Free the Amos Yee one.
Yeah, too bad about your so-called life. Ha-ha.