American Libertarians Have No Rights

1 view

David

May 17, 2017, 11:15:20 PM5/17/17
You have no right to be a Libertarian

Libertarians are not mentioned in the Constitution or the Bill
of Rights, therefore they have no standing and no rights.

The Comedy of Libertarian Hypocrisy
By Dan Agin

One of the great jokes of modern America is so-called
“libertarianism” — an ill-defined “ism” with a multitude of
meanings in a spectrum of attitudes about government intrusion.

At one extreme, the libertarian is a total anarchist, a
believer in no government at all, and a hundred years ago a
terrorist and bomb-thrower convinced that the road to
libertarian dystopia demanded destroying civilization.

At the other extreme, the so-called “libertarian” is a
proto-fascist conservative who uses libertarian buzzwords to
achieve a political agenda that would actually involve more
government intrusion and not less government intrusion —
intrusion to foster business and protect wealth at the expense
of the unwealthy.

The underlying joke across the entire spectrum of political
libertarian attitudes is an underlying hypocrisy illustrated by
the following:

Consider a “libertarian” named Self Reliant. Mr. Reliant,
fifty-five years old, suffers a sudden heart attack. He calls
911, and when the paramedics arrive he directs them to the best
hospital in town, which happens to be the university hospital
attached to a state university. Mr. Reliant is rushed to this
hospital and receives treatment in the emergency room that
essentially saves his life.

Mr. Reliant’s comical hypocrisy is that nearly every step along
the way he’s acting in contradiction to his loudly broadcast
principles.

1) Dialing 911 and asking for paramedics is asking for help
from local government.

2) Directing the ambulance to a local state university hospital
emergency room is asking for help from the state in which he
lives.

3) Once inside that hospital, accepting emergency treatment is
accepting help from the federal government, since it’s the
federal government that funds nearly all the research and
development in cardiac infarction emergency care.

At every step along the way, Mr. Reliant has asked for help
from the very local, state, and federal institutions that he
claims are intrusions in his “self-reliant” life and that he
would like to see disappear.

It’s a comedy of hypocrisy. Were Mr. Reliant a true
libertarian, he would treat his heart attack himself (and most
likely die), or at the least, when the paramedics arrive, he
would direct the ambulance into the woods to die among the
trees. (Actually, the woods may be off-limits also, since they
may be maintained by a local, state, or federal forestry
service.)

Like many comedies, this comedy has a tragic side if you flip
the coin. The tragedy is that too many Americans are currently
behaving like imbeciles in their adoration of absolute and
total individual freedom when the reality of our time is that
such freedom is incompatible with individual survival.

The libertarian ambulance always rushes to a government funded
emergency room.

Our current “libertarians” don’t die. They just shout that
other people should die.

Roger Blake

May 18, 2017, 10:56:32 AM5/18/17
On 2017-05-18, David <da...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> You have no right to be a Libertarian
>
> Libertarians are not mentioned in the Constitution or the Bill
> of Rights, therefore they have no standing and no rights.

What a pantload of unmitigated garbage.

One of the arguments against including the Bill of Rights in the
Constitution is that idiots would claim those were the only rights that
existed (despite the clear language of the 9th Amendment). Idiots such
as yourself.

Oh, and your ludicrous story about "Mr. Reliant?" You must be projecting
because Mr. Reliant has private medical insurance to cover the costs of
his medical services. It's Mr. Parasite that follows your model and expects
his neighbors to be looted at gunpoint to provide for his needs.

NSA sedition and treason -- http://www.DeathToNSAthugs.com
Don't talk to cops! -- http://www.DontTalkToCops.com
Badges don't grant extra rights -- http://www.CopBlock.org

Rudy Canoza

Jul 15, 2019, 8:15:52 PM7/15/19
On 5/17/2017 8:15 PM, David wrote:
> You have no right to be a Libertarian

False. I have a right to be a libertarian, and I exercise that right: I
am a libertarian.

> Libertarians are not mentioned in the Constitution or the Bill
> of Rights, therefore they have no standing and no rights.

False. No political philosophy is mentioned in either document, and every
member of every party has full standing.

> The Comedy of Libertarian Hypocrisy
> By Dan Agin

<chuckle> A stupid HuffPost opinion piece - what else?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/the-comedy-of-libertarian_b_967711

I find it very amusing how frightened of libertarianism all far-left
proggies are. It's not as if the Libertarian party has much sway. For
certain, small-"l" libertarianism has a lot of influence - Cato and Reason
both very influential. Maybe that explains it - libertarianism puts a
real, existential fear in far-left proggies, because they know their
political beliefs and prescriptions are wrong and indefensible.

Just Wondering

Jul 15, 2019, 8:35:29 PM7/15/19
On 7/15/2019 6:15 PM, Rudy Canoza wrote:
> On 5/17/2017 8:15 PM, David wrote:
>> You have no right to be a Libertarian
>
> False.  I have a right to be a libertarian, and I exercise that right:
> I am a libertarian.
>>
>> Libertarians are not mentioned in the Constitution or the Bill
>> of Rights, therefore they have no standing and no rights.
>
> False.  No political philosophy is mentioned in either document

Only mostly correct. Article IV, Section 4, states "The United
States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican
Form of Government…." That is a political philosophy which rejects
non-representative forms of government such as a ruling aristocracy.

Rudy Canoza

Jul 15, 2019, 8:43:31 PM7/15/19
On 7/15/2019 5:35 PM, F. Mark Hansen <fmh...@comcast.net>, sleazy ambulance
chaser, possible polygamist and irrational gun nut, lied:
> On 7/15/2019 6:15 PM, Rudy Canoza wrote:
>> On 5/17/2017 8:15 PM, David wrote:
>>> You have no right to be a Libertarian
>>
>> False.  I have a right to be a libertarian, and I exercise that right: I
>> am a libertarian.
>>>
>>> Libertarians are not mentioned in the Constitution or the Bill
>>> of Rights, therefore they have no standing and no rights.
>>
>> False.  No political philosophy is mentioned in either document
>
> Only mostly correct.  Article IV, Section 4, states "The United
> States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican
> Form of Government…."

Note that nowhere in the document is the federal government called a republic.

Just Wondering

Jul 15, 2019, 9:33:08 PM7/15/19
On 7/15/2019 6:43 PM, Rudy Canoza wrote:
> Just Wondering wrote:
>>>
>>> False.  I have a right to be a libertarian, and I exercise that
>>> right: I am a libertarian.

>>> False.  No political philosophy is mentioned in either document
>>
>> Only mostly correct.  Article IV, Section 4, states "The United
>> States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican
>> Form of Government…."
>
> Note that nowhere in the document is the federal government called a
> republic.

It doesn't use that exact label, but the federal government structure
defined in the Constitution is unquestionably republican. It is
structured in such a way as to preclude a non-republican form of
government.

If you disagree, go ahead, present your best case why the USA is
not a republic. Good luck with that.

Rudy Canoza

Jul 15, 2019, 9:39:21 PM7/15/19
On 7/15/2019 6:33 PM, F. Mark Hansen <fmh...@comcast.net>, sleazy ambulance
chaser, possible polygamist and irrational gun nut, lied:
> On 7/15/2019 6:43 PM, Rudy Canoza wrote:
>> F. Mark Hansen <fmh...@comcast.net>, sleazy ambulance chaser, possible polygamist and irrational gun nut, lied:

>>> Only mostly correct.  Article IV, Section 4, states "The United
>>> States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican
>>> Form of Government…."
>>
>> Note that nowhere in the document is the federal government called a
>> republic.
>
> It doesn't use that exact label, but

But nothing Ambulance Chaser Hansen. When you squealing right-wingnut
shriek "we'rearePUBBBBlicnotademAHHHHcracy", you are wrong. We are, of
course, both a republic *AND* a democracy - a democracy as *all* educated
people use the word.

Just Wondering

Jul 15, 2019, 9:59:10 PM7/15/19
On 7/15/2019 7:39 PM, Rudy Canoza wrote:
> Just Wondering wrote:

>>> Note that nowhere in the document is the federal government called a
>>> republic.
>>
>> It doesn't use that exact label, but the federal government structure
>> defined in the Constitution is unquestionably republican. It is
>> structured in such a way as to preclude a non-republican form of
>> government.

>> If you disagree, go ahead, present your best case why the USA is
>> not a republic. Good luck with that.
>
> But nothing.  We are, of course, both a republic

Since you agree with me, I don't see why you're getting your knickers
all knotted up.

> and a democracy.

That's throwing a whole new wrinkle in, and depends on your
definition of democracy. It is NOT a "pure" democracy.
But the main point is, the Constitution DOES mention a
political philosophy.

Rudy Canoza

Jul 15, 2019, 10:21:13 PM7/15/19
On 7/15/2019 6:59 PM, F. Mark Hansen <fmh...@comcast.net>, sleazy ambulance
chaser, possible polygamist and irrational gun nut, lied:
> On 7/15/2019 7:39 PM, Rudy Canoza wrote:
>> F. Mark Hansen <fmh...@comcast.net>, sleazy ambulance chaser, possible polygamist and irrational gun nut, lied:

>>> It doesn't use that exact label, but the federal government structure
>>> defined in the Constitution is unquestionably republican.  It is
>>> structured in such a way as to preclude a non-republican form of
>>> government.
>
>>> If you disagree, go ahead, present your best case why the USA is
>>> not a republic.  Good luck with that.
>>
>> But nothing.  We are, of course, both a republic and a democracy.
>
> That's throwing a whole new wrinkle in

No, Ambulance Chaser Hansen, it is not.