Poplus.org invite, Components/Microservices and Open Government trend

Steven Clift

Feb 13, 2015, 11:09:43 AM2/13/15
to us-open-g...@googlegroups.com
I wanted to share exciting news about an emerging trend in the civic tech space relevant for open government - Poplus.org.

Note this short article about microservices on DigitalGov.Gov this week and this in-depth technical exploration in general. This is a trend that may enable greater spread in the use of open data being released by the Federal and other governments in the U.S. - Steven Clift

Hello, you are invited to get involved with Poplus.org. Here are two timely opportunities:

poplusgroup.jpg

Poplus is a global federation for the next generation of civic tech. We share knowledge and technology to help our organisations help citizens. We do this through collaborative civic coding. We share reusable open source civic technology components. We leverage open government data or make our own across many countries.

This online video-based event specially invites those new to Poplus. Everyone is welcome.

RSVP here to watch live (13:00 UTC, see your local time) on Feb 18. The presentation includes Tom Steinberg with mySociety, Pablo Collada with FCI, and a few project participants from around the world on the Hangout-on-Air “stage.” Questions will be taken via comments on the Hangout event page. The video stream is one-way, commenting two-way.

About Poplus

Founded by CiudadnoInteligente.org based in Chile and mySociety.org based in the UK, the international civic tech federation was launched at the first PoplusCon in April 2014. Watch this short video to see civic tech collaboration in action!Visit Poplus.org (en español) for full details.

How to get involved?

For questions about Poplus, post to our friendly online group or contact our engagement team.

Thank you,

Steven Clift
Engagement Lead, Poplus.org
Executive Director, E-Democracy.org

Steven Clift  -  Executive Director, E-Democracy

* Support E-Democracy. Pledge drive to raise $10,000 US:
      http://e-democracy.org/donate?ft  - Only $890 to 2015 Goal