Co-creation workshop for Emerging Technology and Open Data draft goals for fourth U.S. National Action Plan for OpenGov

Justin Herman - TAE

Aug 24, 2017, 3:08:26 PM8/24/17
to us-open-g...@googlegroups.com
Hi Open Government Community,

We are pleased to share today the announcement of our upcoming workshop to co-create draft U.S. National Action Plan for Open Government goals for emerging technologies including Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain, as well as Open Data, for more accountable, transparent and responsive public services. The workshop will include businesses, civil society groups, representatives from Congressional Caucuses, and academic researchers -- in a format similar to the successful Roundtable for Open Data for Economic Growth.

Tomorrow I will send out 90 formal invitations to teams new and returning who have expressed interest and investment in the role emerging technologies can potentially play in Open Government, and we are excited to see the outcomes.

Thank you, and please let me know if you have any questions or ideas to share.

Best regards,
Justin

Justin "Doc" Herman

Emerging Citizen Technology inter-agency program lead

U.S. General Services Administration

Learn more about our U.S. Federal Artificial Intelligence for Citizen Services / Blockchain / Augmented/Virtual Reality / Social Technology programs.