"Doors to Democracy" by @meganesque on @LinkedIn https://t.co/aZZWzxlGEI ‪#‎opengov‬ ‪#‎ogov‬ ‪#‎gov

Megan Eskey

Jul 24, 2015, 1:53:48 PM7/24/15
to US Open Government

From the David Ellsworth Eskey Memorial blog:

My latest conundrum: is the world itself programmable? Let's find out.

Here is the link to my ExpertNet architecture which are interoperable expert networking platforms. The U.S. OpenGov 2.0 plan calls for expert networking pilots at the federal agencies. Here is some good information about how the government uses GitHub and the timeline of open source in the U.S. government. My architecture is generic and could be used by any government agency anywhere in the world. It's time to think outside "cloud in a box". Collective Intelligence can solve our most pressing global problems.

How many doors to democracy would open if a few of the "Big Brands" like Coca Cola and Procter & Gamble, and the first OGP countries like the US and the UK, would implement internal policies and executive orders to allow for the exponential growth of social media and crowdsourcing? Although 2+ billion people are now online, there are still 2/3 of the world left out. Here's where they live. I am gratified to see an increasing number of companies and government entities allowing for unrestricted staff access to social media during working hours. This is one of the best ways to fight corruption worldwide. Here is a good article about turning social influencers into brand advocates. Here is a roundup of the G8 Summit 2013 in Lough Erne, Northern Ireland on June 17 and 18, addressing global issues and the most pressing international challenges. The leaders' remarks explain the outcomes in brief, including major updates on tax, trade, transparency and the ongoing situation in Syria. Here are "15 Global Challenges Facing Humanity". Goal: raise the US Global Peace Index ranking to the Top 50 by 2016. Disrupt violence.

From a recent OGP blog post:

"Open is the new normal". - UK Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg