Revised Schedule for OGP Stakeholder Groups

Suzanne Piotrowski

Mar 13, 2015, 8:39:10 AM3/13/15
to suzanne.j....@rutgers.edu, us-open-g...@googlegroups.com

Hello CSO Open Government members,

I wanted to reach out and let you know there is a slightly revised schedule for the US OGP stakeholder groups which will take place March 18th-20th.  (See details below.) Thursday morning's schedule has changed because of another event taking place at the Opengovhub at that time.  Again, please let us know, if you haven't already, if you plan to attend.   We need to let the front desk at the Opengovhub know who is coming.

Revised Schedule for Stakeholder Focus Groups

Wednesday, March 18

1:00 PM- 2:00 PM

Open data, IT and Government websites

2:30 PM- 3:30 PM

Transparency in spending , including DATA Act

4:00 PM-5:00 PM

Public participation and co-production

Thursday, March 19

11 AM – 11:45 AM

Record Management

11:45 AM – 12:30 PM

Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)

1:00 PM- 2:00 PM

Privacy

2:30 PM- 3:30 PM

Foreign Intelligence Surveillance/ Classification of information/CUI

4:00 PM-5:00 PM

Whistleblowing/Corruption/Integrity

Friday, March 20

9:00 AM – 10:00 AM

Extractives /Fossil Fuel/Foreign Legal Entities/Foreign Assistance

10:30 AM – 11:30 AM

Others Commitments/OGP Generally

I look forward to seeing many of you next week.

Best,
Suzanne

Previous Email

As you may know, I am the Independent Review Mechanism (IRM) researcher for the US 2nd Open Government Partnership (OGP) National Action Plan.  In this capacity, I am charged with writing an assessment report how well the government is progressing in fulfilling the 60+ commitments in the National Action Plan.

I’m holding a series of stakeholder group meetings regarding the work the government has done to meet the commitments in the 2nd Open Government National Action Plan (original and addendum).  I’m also interested in obtaining feedback on what you feel was left out of this plan and any other big picture issues you want to highlight.  The stakeholder group schedule is pasted below.  Attached to this email is a document noting the commitments (from the 2NAP) to which each stakeholder group corresponds. My hope is that you and those you work with will attend these meetings and give me your input.  If you are unable to attend the meetings but would like to participate, you can send me an email directly with your comments or I can send you a survey tool so you can input your comments directly.

If you could forward this email to others in your network that have an interest in any of the topics, it would be appreciated.  Please email Ms. Sinah Kang (sk1...@scarletmail.rutgers.edu), my research assistant, and let us know you are coming.  Space is limited.  All focus groups will be held at the OpenGovHub located at 1110 Vermont Avenue NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC.  We have the option to having call-in participants.  Please let Sinah know if you need to use this option.

--
Suzanne J. Piotrowski
Associate Professor

Ph. 973.353.5199
Fax 973.353.5907
suzanne.j....@rutgers.edu
www.suzannepiotrowski.com
skype: suzanne.j.piotrowski

Topics for Focus Group Meeting.docx

Stephen Buckley

Mar 13, 2015, 5:33:27 PM3/13/15
to us-open-g...@googlegroups.com
Hi Susan,

Thanks for letting us know about the revised schedule next week at OpenGov Hub.  I encourage you to share details ASAP about remote-participation, since people will definitely be more interested in that option when they know that, instead of just a call-in number, you are planning to use BlueJeans .com collaborative platform.

And I see, from your revised schedule for #OpenGov meetings next week at OpenGovHub, that it looks like the event that Justin Herman told us about (on "Engagement + Participation") on Thursday morning will be sandwiched between your meetings at the OpenGov Hub (Wed-Thurs-Fri).

So I would like to suggest that, with a little coordination between you and Justin (since his event does not mention an option for remote-participation), those people who can not travel to D.C. would be able to use the same platform (bluejeans.com) to engage in both event's discussions on #OpenGov topics.

This would seem particularly appropriate since both events will be talking about new actions for engaging more people in collaborative discussions!
(It's my impression that Justin and the "SocialGov Community" would not need much convincing to use collaborative technology for opening up the discussion at their event at the same location.)

Please consider the idea (including Justin) and us know what you think. Thanks.

best,

Stephen Buckley
collaboration engineer
Cape Cod, Mass.
google phone: +1-508-348-9090
http://twitter.com/OpenGovMetrics

======================================
[...]

Stephen Buckley

Mar 17, 2015, 6:21:03 PM3/17/15
to us-open-g...@googlegroups.com, Suzanne Piotrowski, Sinah Kang, Justin Herman - XAAA
Hi Suzanne,

Please advise us, via this email-group, as I have not seen any instructions for "call-in participants" for your event at the OpenGov Hub tomorrow (Wed. 3/18/15).  (Are you going to use BlueJeans.com?)

In any event, I value your work too much to risk missing this discussion about evaluating the National Action Plan 2.0 for #OpenGov, so I have decided to fly down to D.C. for those meetings (Wed-Thurs-Fri.).  But I do know that many others would still appreciate the information for how to participate remotely.

thanks,

Stephen Buckley
#OpenGov liaison, International Assn. for Public Participation (U.S. affiliate)

Cape Cod, Mass.
google phone: (508) 348-9090
http://www.OpenGovMetrics.com

P.S. to Justin Herman, re: Your event on Thurs at OpenGov Hub:  Is something that you'd allow for remote participation (or just listening)?