FW: Computers, Freedom & Privacy Submission Deadline Extended to Monday, 8/17

Patrice McDermott

Jul 13, 2015, 3:29:52 PM7/13/15
to us-open-g...@googlegroups.com, o...@dgroups.org, ogp--us-civil-soci...@googlegroups.com, foi...@foiadvocates.info

This may be of interest.  See details & contacts below.

Patrice

OpenTheGovernment.org

202 332 6736

Hi all – just wanted to pass along this announcement extending the deadline for all submissions to the Computers, Freedom and Privacy Conference.  That new deadline is August 17th, and the conference will be held at the Alexandria (VA) Hilton on October 12th to the 14th.  Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions (202-675-2325 and grot...@aclu.org).

Best,

Gabe

Hello,

We're gearing up for an excellent 2015 Computers, Freedom and Privacy Conference, which will take place this year at the Hilton Alexandria Mark Center in historic Old Town in Washington, DC, from the evening of October 12th to October 14th.  We've already received numerous proposals but will be extending the deadline for submissions until mid-August.  Submission guidelines can be found at:

http://www.cfp.org/2015/wiki/index.php/Submission_guidelines

We can't tell you how excited we are for this year's conference, which, among many other things, will explore issues of free expression and civil rights as they interface with emerging technology and the computing industry.

The official deadline for submissions is now Monday, August 17th.

Please do not hesitate to email cfp-sub...@cfp.org with any questions or comments.

Best,

Sandy Fulton (Free Press) & Gabe Rottman (ACLU)

2015 Co-Chairs, Computers, Freedom and Privacy Conference

http://www.cfp.org/2015/

Gabe Rottman

Legislative Counsel/Policy Advisor

American Civil Liberties Union