Postponing the OpenGov Meeting & Update

Alycia (Piazza) Yozzi

Jan 22, 2018, 11:20:16 AM1/22/18
to Ope...@listserv.gsa.gov, US Open Government

Good morning Open Government community,

We're writing with a few updates regarding the National Action Plan for Open Government.

First, due to a combination of factors, we will need to delay tomorrow's meeting by approximately two months. Please hold Tuesday March 27 at 10:00 am on your calendars.  As stated in the United States’ official delay letter (available: open.usa.gov,opengovpartnership.org), the delayed delivery of the fourth National Action Plan and related materials is allowing USG additional time to ensure that the plan is as substantive and aligned to national priorities as possible. The delay in this month’s meeting reflects that approach. We appreciate everyone’s patience and remain committed to full participation in the partnership.

On an administrative note, we wanted to make sure that everyone saw that, as a result of the delayed delivery of the fourth National Action Plan, the Open Government Partnership has moved the United States from the “odd year” to the “even year” cohort of participating countries. The new deadline for delivery of NAP4 is August 31, 2018You can read OGP’s official letter here.

Thank you,

Alycia on behalf of the Open Gov Team

U.S. General Services Administration

Alycia Yozzi Office of Government-wide Policy

202-219-1487

Stephen Buckley

Jan 26, 2018, 3:22:44 PM1/26/18
to US Open Government, Alycia (Piazza) Yozzi
Hello Alycia,

Thanks for the notice about the new date for the OpenGov meeting that had been scheduled for this past Wednesday.

However, I did not see the original notice for that meeting here (on this email-group), so I am wondering how it had been sent out to people.  I want to make sure that I (and others) are not missing out on things.  Thanks!

best,

Stephen Buckley
#OpenGov rep, U.S. Chapter
International Association for Public Participation (IAP2)
http://www.IAP2usa.org

At 11:19 AM 1/22/2018, Alycia (Piazza) Yozzi wrote:

Good morning Open Government community,

We're writing with a few updates regarding the National Action Plan for Open Government.

First, due to a combination of factors, we will need to delay tomorrow's meeting by approximately two months.  Please hold Tuesday March 27 at 10:00 am on your calendars.  As stated in the United States' official delay letter (available: open.usa.gov , opengovpartnership.org), the delayed delivery of the fourth National Action Plan and related materials is allowing USG additional time to ensure that the plan is as substantive and aligned to national priorities as possible. The delay in this month's meeting reflects that approach. We appreciate everyone's patience and remain committed to full participation in the partnership.

Alycia (Piazza) Yozzi

Jan 26, 2018, 4:08:32 PM1/26/18
to Stephen Buckley, US Open Government
Stephen and Company,
Happy Friday - this meeting with civil society was not (I am just realizing) sent out to this group. It was tentative per the discussion at the last meeting on December 14, which was federal only, and never updated. My apologies. However, this group has not missed anything. We have not arranged a meeting with civil society since September.

Thanks - Alycia