Civic Innovation & Citizen Budgeting Book Talk & Discussion this Wed

Nada Zohdy

Mar 28, 2016, 12:08:27 PM3/28/16
to us-open-g...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

For those in DC, we at the OpenGov Hub would love to have you join us this Wednesday evening 5:30-7pm for this special event:

-
​ ​
What are successful 'civic innovations' that meaningfully change how citizens and governments interact?
- ​
How can we breathe new life into struggling democratic societies, locally
​ and​
globally?

​- ​
How can citizens become real change agents in their communities?

​- ​
What should democracy in the 21st century look like?

Join our community of civic innovators at the OpenGov Hub to discuss this and more, during an enlightening book talk and discussion about strengthening civic participation and deliberative democracy.

Dr. Hollie Russon Gilman will present her new book, Democracy Reinvented: Participatory Budgeting and Civic Innovation in America, the first
​ in-depth​
study of participatory budgeting in the United States.

Then Tiago Peixoto, Citizen and Digital Engagement expert at the World Bank, will provide a comparative global perspective on participatory budgeting's impact around the world, and will comment on the role and limitations of digital tools to spur democratic revival.

​For more details and to register, please visit this link

We hope you can join us and please help spread the word!

--
Nada Zohdy // Manager, OpenGov Hub // www.opengovhub.org
Office: +1-202-449-8124 // Mobile: +1-248-894-5267

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/OpenGovHub