Would it be useful to compare e-gov use across major cities, MSAs, and states?

Steven Clift

Aug 18, 2015, 5:55:03 PM8/18/15
to fu...@codeforamerica.org, newswire, brigade, us-open-g...@googlegroups.com, Rafi Goldberg, Dietz, Nathan

If yes, let me know if you have the data analysis skills to dig into the 40,000 survey sample Computers and Internet Current Population Survey put in the field by the U.S. government.

Or play around yourself with the micro data and share some results:

Or dig into:

The data finally came out earlier this year.

Scroll down to:
July 2013 Computer and Internet Data File

The data sample is large enough to for example figure out which states are serving lower income or minority groups better than others with e-government services. Then we can ask why some states are serving more people better than others and share what works so that e-government/open government isn't just about serving the well wired even better while leaving so many other behind.

Note 2011 survey analysis:

Also note that in 2013, the survey went from asking essentially the "householder" (the person who answered the door or felt most comfortable answering I guess) to a random person in the household.

Steven Clift  -  Executive Director, E-Democracy.org
   cl...@e-democracy.org  -  +1 612 234 7072
   @democracy  -  http://linkedin.com/in/netclift

Also with Knowledge Hub - steven...@khub.net
   World leading online public services exchange: http://khub.net
   Call # above or +44 203 808 1118  (After 13:00 UK time)