RSVP: November Open Government Working Group Meeting

Meredith Stewart

Nov 7, 2016, 8:02:06 AM11/7/16
to US Open Government, Zarek, Corinna, Wright, Pamela
Hi civil society colleagues!

The next Open Government Working Group meeting will be Tuesday, November 15 at the National Archives Building in Washington, DC (or via remote access). Civil society colleagues are invited to sit in on this quarterly meeting.

If you plan to join, please reply to me (meredith...@nara.gov) off-list to let me know whether you plan to attend in person or join remotely. We plan to use a web conferencing tool for remote access. I will send the access information when you RSVP.

Interagency Open Government Working Group

Tuesday, November 15

1 p.m.

Innovation Hub, National Archives Building

The agenda is scheduled to include presentations on eRegs, privacy, and transparency updates from the Intelligence Community.  We will also discuss Sunshine Week (March 12-18, 2017).

Thanks!

Meredith + the Open Gov team

Meredith Stewart
Innovation Hub Director
National Archives and Records Administration

Meredith Stewart

Nov 23, 2016, 10:18:51 AM11/23/16
to US Open Government, Zarek, Corinna, Wright, Pamela
Hi All,

Thank you for joining us for the November Interagency Open Government Working Group Meeting with participation from civil society. Here's a recap.

Interagency Open Government Working Group
Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 1 p.m.

  • Privacy - We heard an update on privacy policy and work from Marc Groman (Marc_M...@omb.eop.gov) at OMB. He described the new Federal Privacy Council website (FPC.gov) and how it describes what they are addressing today and hope to accomplish in the future.  We also heard about new requirements in M-17-16, for agencies from to publish on /privacy pages, including all up to date versions of agency SORNs. Marc shared with the group a handout of all of the policies, included here as links:
  • IC transparency efforts - We heard an update from the Intelligence Community on their open government transparency efforts from Jeff Anchukaitis (email Dni...@dni.gov) at ODNI. Jeff described the work of the Intelligence Transparency Council and forthcoming initiatives, including prioritization of topics for declassification with input from intelligence historians, and the addition of  “public engagement” as a mandatory responsibility for the Office of Civil Liberties, Privacy, and Transparency.

  • eRegulations - We heard from Will Sullivan (will.s...@gsa.gov) and Jennifer Ehlers (jennife...@gsa.gov) at GSA about the work developing a human centered approach to reading regulations, including the use of a parser, cross-linking, and display of previous changes. They are working on adding functionality over time. Visit https://github.com/eregs/regulations-site to fork the code. (Slides available, see below).

  • Pulse.CIO.gov - We will heard from Marina Fox (marin...@gsa.gov) at GSA on this site is a data driven model to show how agencies are meeting requirements for best practices on the web. We previewed a new Accessibility Module that will show results from high-level spot checks of possible accessibility issues. This module is forthcoming with a February time frame to made available to the public. (Slides available, see below)
  • Sunshine Week - We discussed the upcoming Sunshine Week (March 12-18, 2017) and heard from Rick Blum, from one of the organizations that helps to oversee Sunshine Week activities, and from agencies on their plans, including potential events at DOJ and NARA.
  • Interagency Open Data Working Group - We heard from Phil Ashlock at GSA about an upcoming Open Data meeting with civil society participation on Tuesday, December 20 at 11 am in GSA (1800 F Street NW, Washington DC). Email dat...@gsa.gov to attend in person, or join remotely.

  • Next meeting with civil society participation - February 2017, date forthcoming.

Slides -- Please email me if you would like me to send you the two sets of slides (eRegulations and Pulse.cio.gov) that were shared during the meeting.  They are too large to post to this group.