November Open Gov Working Group meeting (+ other updates)

28 katselukertaa
Siirry ensimmäiseen lukemattomaan viestiin

Zarek, Corinna

lukematon,
3.11.2015 klo 14.18.083.11.2015
vastaanottaja us-open-g...@googlegroups.com

Hello!

Many topics in this email … thanks in advance for reading!

First, the November Open Government Working Group meeting will be this coming Monday, Nov. 9 at 10 a.m. at the National Archives in Washington (or via call-in). We had to move it to accommodate the Veterans Day holiday next Wednesday. Civil society colleagues are invited to sit in on this quarterly meeting; if you plan to join, please reply off-list to let me know and indicate whether you will come in person or plan to call in (I will share call-in information at that time). Please see below for the agenda. As always, I will share meeting notes back to this list (and others should feel free to do the same).

Second, as we hope you have heard (and read!), last week the third U.S. Open Government National Action Plan was published in conjunction with the biannual Open Government Partnership Summit that took place in Mexico City. Thanks to so many of you who played a crucial part in this work. From sharing ideas to participating in brainstorming events, meetings, or other conversations, to the work that is yet to come on implementation: THANK YOU!

Third, to celebrate publication of the NAP, some of the USG colleagues are planning a casual (read: no-host) outing to the Exchange on Thursday. We hope our civil society friends will join us to toast the hard work put in by everyone across government and civil society and chat informally about the NAP. Please feel free to spread the word.

Open Government Working Group Meeting

November 9, 2015

10 a.m.

National Archives Jefferson Room

Agenda

I.                    NAP 3.0: We will discuss the NAP and the 45(!) commitments it includes. Feel free to bring questions and if we don’t have USG teammates in the room who can answer, we will take them back.

II.                  OGP Summit: Debrief and a dispatch from the USG and CSO reps who were in Mexico City (there were more than 200 of us!).

III.                Agency Open Government Plans: Agencies will publish updated Open Gov Plans by June 1, 2016 and the Administration will issue new guidance for the plans. Please bring your ideas to discuss how the current guidance might be modified to reflect new or changing initiatives.

IV.                Upcoming events + activities

V.                  Next meeting: February 10, 2016 (followed by May 11, August 10 and November 9).

Thanks everyone! Hope to see you Thursday night or, if not, on Monday morning!

Cori

Corinna Zarek

Senior Advisor for Open Government

Office of Science and Technology Policy | The White House

202.456.6075

whitehouse.gov/open

@OpenGov

Zarek, Corinna

lukematon,
10.11.2015 klo 8.56.5910.11.2015
vastaanottaja us-open-g...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone,

Thanks for another great meeting this month. Here is a short summary of what we discussed as well as a few requests.

Open Government Working Group Meeting

Monday, November 9

10 a.m.

National Archives

I.                    NAP 3.0: We discussed the launch of the plan, including that we consider it to be a living document and may think about updates to the plan in 2016. Civil Society colleagues requested that we provide a listing on POCs for each commitment online. We also discussed ways to continue collaboration through implementation. We will continue discussing this at future meetings and welcome input in the meantime.

II.                  OGP Summit: Camille Eiss (Ei...@state.gov) joined us as the new State Department OGP liaison to share a readout from the OGP Summit in Mexico City two weeks ago. She discussed a renewed focus on peer engagement and peer learning and we talked about ways the USG teams could plug in more with their counterparts in other countries through working groups and other efforts. Camille also discussed the OGP’s focus on subnational open government efforts and Sustainable Development Goal implementation.

III.                Agency Open Government Plans: Agencies will publish updated Open Gov Plans by June 1, 2016 and the Administration will issue new guidance for the plans in early 2016. We discussed possible new approaches for the guidance and continue to welcome your input and suggestions over the next several weeks as the guidance comes together. We will revisit this at the December meeting.

IV.                OMB Circular A-130: We hoped to have OMB share a bit about A-130 at the meeting but ran out of time. OMB is proposing for the first time in 15 years revisions to the Federal Government’s governing document establishing policies for the management of Federal information resources: “Circular A-130, Managing Information as a Strategic Resource”. The proposed revisions are open for 30-day public input at https://a130.cio.gov/ The public feedback period will close on November 20, 2015. If you have any additional questions, you can reach out to Justin Grimes at Justin_...@omb.eop.gov.

V.                  Next meeting with civil society: February 10.

Thanks everyone!

Cori

Vastaa kaikille
Vastaa kirjoittajalle