NAP 4.0; Schedule Update for Co-creation of?

Stephen Buckley

Dec 21, 2017, 5:37:49 PM12/21/17
to US Open Government
Hello Kristen, Alycia, Meredith (et al.),

This would be a good time (i.e., year's end) to let us all know "what's up" with development of the fourth version of the National Action Plan (NAP 4.0).

In her October 31st " delay letter", Margie Graves says that the NAP 4.0 "will be delayed until early 2018 .. as we continue working with our trusted civil society partners .." (see full text, below).

However, since that letter, there have been no further details in that regard, nor an update to the schedule (here).  So it would be very timely to inform us -- now -- as to when there will be opportunities for us (i.e, "civil society") to "continue working" on the NAP 4.0 in "early 2018" (e.g., in the next month or so).

Any thoughts or information that you share here will be appreciated.  Thank you and Happy Holidays!

best,

Stephen Buckley
#OpenGov rep, U.S. Chapter
International Association for Public Participation (IAP2)
http://www.IAP2usa.org

=====================================

https://open.usa.gov/national-action-plan/4/delay-letter/

October 31, 2017

Dr. Sanjay Pradhan
Chief Executive Officer
Open Government Partnership
1110 Vermont Avenue NW, Suite 500

Dear Dr. Pradhan:

Re: United States National Action Plan ­ Delayed

With this letter, the United States Office of the Federal Chief Information Officer notifies the Open Government Partnership that the publication of the fourth National Action Plan and related documents will be delayed until early 2018.

This delay will allow the additional time needed to fine tune a strong and quality action plan reflective of national priorities.

Thank you for your continued flexibility as we continue working with our trusted civil society partners and the Open Government Partnership.

Sincerely,

Margie Graves
Acting Federal Chief Information Officer
Office of Management and Budget
Executive Office of the President

Stephen Buckley

Jan 5, 2018, 5:15:27 PM1/5/18
to US Open Government
Hello Kristen, Alycia, Meredith (et al.),

Yes, I admit that I also have email from 2017 to which I have not responded.

So, please consider this a friendly reminder (see my previous request, below) to let us all know "what's going on" in early 2018 (this month?) concerning collaboration on the National Action Plan (NAP 4.0).

Any information, even if in general terms, would be useful in planning our calendars.  Thanks!