Half of U.S. Cabinet agencies fail to comply with Open Government Directive

Alexander Howard

Sep 19, 2016, 3:15:12 PM9/19/16
to us-open-g...@googlegroups.com
As of last Friday, half of cabinet agencies had not uploaded a 2016 open government plan, as directed by OMB. http://sunlightfoundation.com/blog/2016/09/16/half-of-u-s-cabinet-agencies-fail-to-comply-with-open-government-directive/

As of this Monday, the Commerce Department had caught up.
Still waiting on ODNI's first plan.
The VA has not published a new plan since 2010.
The White House OSTP, despite being tasked with coordinating open gov plans and engaging the public at @OpenGov, is not leading by example: still no 2016 plan.

--
Alexander B. Howard

M. Andre Goodfriend

Sep 20, 2016, 10:25:19 AM9/20/16
to US Open Government
It's good to keep the focus on, and hold us accountable to our commitments.  As I see it, that's one of the elements of Open Government --- that there are publicly trackable commitments.

While our draft is going through our internal processes prior to publication, we do have the working document, as of 9/14, available online at  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R3oKk0NWv5mypdpApLVjnpRnOVX7MiVPIGmtsUJeL5Q/edit

We very much appreciated the public input and drew on it in preparing the document, as well as helping us shape how we engage with the public.

The live-streamed discussion is also available at https://govup.course.tc/2016-DoS-OGP/live-events/ and on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCF_SF01lMk

 We'll look forward to maintaining the open engagement.

M. Andre Goodfriend
Senior Advisor
Office of eDiplomacy
U.S. Department of State