More assorted API news and such...

Gray Brooks

May 25, 2018, 3:33:38 PM5/25/18
to <us-government-apis@googlegroups.com>
Howdy, folks.

I hope your week has wrapped up well so far.

As I mentioned back in April, this and other efforts have been formalized as the API Community of Practice, part of Digital.gov's communities of practice program.  I hope you all will put this forum to use, sharing your thoughts, questions, and ideas about federal APIs you're working on or thinking about.

In the meantime, here's some odds and ends that you all may find interesting.

Last but not least, there's a bunch to see from VA and HHS/CMS that's a pretty big deal.  This is the first time that I've been seeing agency principles actively talking and giving speeches about APIs and API strategies.  This is 100% what needs to be happening across government and I def. recommend diving into these efforts and trying to drive the same at your agencies.  VA is the largest civilian agency in the federal government.  If they can be doing this, so can any of us!

VA
HHS/CMS

Anyhoo, I'm sure there's much more going on that this.  Definitely share anything you all are finding or working on as it comes up.

In the meantime, take care can have a good holiday weekend.

Gray

------------------------------

{
  "team": "TTS",
  "company": "GSA",
  "cell": "205.541.2245",
  "links": [{
    "name": "api.data.gov - API analytics for federal agencies",
    "url": "https://api.data.gov"
  }, {
    "name": "US Government API listserve",
    "url": "https://bit.ly/apilistservedc"