U.S. Digital Registry API

Justin Herman

Feb 22, 2016, 2:28:29 PM2/22/16
to us-govern...@googlegroups.com
Hello Government API World,

I hope you are having a great start to your week after a weekend that was excited within the acceptable boundaries of what you feel is safe.

If you haven't had the chance yet, I'd like to invite you to check out the new U.S. Digital Registry, a growing API-generating repository for official third-party sites like social media, Github etc, mobile apps, and more to come {hence the more generalized name than we'd traditionally have gone with}.

Upon its release we set the goal of reaching 6,000 accounts in it by Leap Day, but now have already surpassed 7,000 accounts on our way to the next milestone of 10,000. (and enriching the data around our collaborative tagging, languages and organizational structure is progressing as well)

Starting the first day we began to receive feedback from teams like ProgrammableWeb on how we can improve the API for better developer use, and while our resources are extremely slim our courageous developers have set about making incremental user-requested enhancements.

As a result, I'm very excited to note that numerous companies have been in contact about their projects in development, and in within two weeks we should be able to point to some innovative new services that tap into the API.

If you're interested in finding out more, please shoot me out an email at justin...@gsa.gov, or come by the next API Meetup at Chief on March 1 where we'll discuss it. Thanks!