/developer pages that are knocking it out of the park?

瀏覽次數:58 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

alison.ro...@gmail.com

未讀,
2016年2月9日 下午4:14:112016/2/9
收件者:US Government APIs、negar.ka...@gmail.com
Hey folks,

In my new position at the newly-formed Commerce Data Service, my team has been tasked with the care and feeding of our /developer page. The problem is, it's hard to know, even as a developer, what constitutes a great /developer page.

So, here's the ask: give me your best examples of great /developer pages, please! Tell me what you love about them.

And if you happen to have any user research on it, I'd love it if you could share.

Here are a few good ones I've found by randomly entering URLs:

Thanks!

Alison

Gray Brooks

未讀,
2016年2月9日 下午4:26:322016/2/9
收件者:alison.ro...@gmail.com、US Government APIs、negar.ka...@gmail.com
Hey Alison -

This is great to hear, thank you!  Basically, if every agency actually took up doing this and kept after it, everything would actually get better.

Others should please respond with thoughts and feedback, and I'll reply more, but here's the closest to a master list I know of (which several others in a backlog that I need to add).

Gray B.

------------------------------

{
  "team": "18F",
  "company": "GSA",
  "cell": "205.541.2245",
  "links": [{
    "name": "/Developer Program",
    "url": "https://pages.18f.gov/API-All-the-X"
  }, {
    "name": "US Government API listserve",
    "url": "https://bit.ly/apilistservedc"
  }]
}

David Berlind

未讀,
2016年2月9日 晚上7:33:212016/2/9
收件者:alison.ro...@gmail.com、US Government APIs、negar.ka...@gmail.com
Alison,

You might also want to give a look to some non-government developer pages too.  One of my favorites is this one (offering continuous docs gps on the left and language selection for code samples on the right). Balanced Payments offers continuous docs gps on the left and a different sort of language selector (but also a version selector).  Dwolla's very pretty documentation does the same with a sightly different selector (and here's their write-up on the redesign of their developer portal).  RIDB (from the USDA) is another that, like the ones I just mentioned, are largely takes on Slate, which was open sourced by Trip It.  I like the fact that RIDB has an issue tracker, though it's not integrated into the Slate-esque UI of the main docs. Here's an old Parse blog about developer docs. I like Shapeshift's inclusion of video.  Checkr used to have chat capability built right into its portal (chat with a developer evangelist).  I also like how Yammer features partners (could just as easily highlight consuming apps).

Hope this is helpful.

--
回覆所有人
回覆作者