Looking for an API

Andrew Maier - X

May 1, 2015, 4:39:37 PM5/1/15
to us-govern...@googlegroups.com
Hi! My name’s Andrew, a recent hire here at 18F under GSA. I'm working on a project related to SBIR/STTR (https://www.sbir.gov/) and I’m trying to find an API for their Central Registry.

Does anyone know if there’s an API to find companies registered in the SBIR/STTR Company Registry? (You can say “yes” on this page to get an idea of the data I’m after) https://www.sbir.gov/registration2#

Thanks,
-Andrew

Greg Gershman

May 1, 2015, 4:49:50 PM5/1/15
to Andrew Maier - X, us-govern...@googlegroups.com
Their search is an AJAX call that returns JSON with HTML elements; with some hacking you could probably squeeze an "API" out of it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Does the SAM API provide the info you're looking for?

Greg

Greg Gershman
Principal, Ad Hoc LLC

Andrew Maier - X

May 1, 2015, 6:02:48 PM5/1/15
to Greg Gershman, us-govern...@googlegroups.com
You’re a genius, Greg, I didn’t even think about the fact that it’s clearly an AJAX interaction. I think this might be a good enough start. I’ll ask the devs on our team.

SAM API also provides *some* useful data, for sure; we’ll certainly make use of it.

Kin Lane

May 1, 2015, 6:37:37 PM5/1/15
to Andrew Maier - X, Greg Gershman, us-govern...@googlegroups.com
Like your style Greg. "Squeeze an API out of it" ;-)

Kin Lane

Greg Gershman

May 1, 2015, 6:40:55 PM5/1/15
to Kin Lane, Andrew Maier - X, us-govern...@googlegroups.com
:thumbsup: I've squeezed out many an API in my day. ;)

Greg