Government Census API visualization example with charts, tables, and shaded maps

ph...@dukecitydigital.com

May 9, 2017, 6:15:27 PM5/9/17
to US Government APIs

Hello  - this is a demo of one way to consume government APIs with FIPS geography information, and combine the queries for different years for visualization and comparison.  The site is written in AngularJS, with geojson files for the geographic boundaries overlayed on Google maps.  This basic framework could be used to process and analyze government API data for other things with geographic data.  Scroll to the bottom of the screen to read instructions for use, and feel free to leave any comments or critiques.

If anyone wants any of the code let me know I can make it available on github in an unminified and cleaned up version.

Phil Larragoite