A Special Day Dedicated towards Leveraging #opendata and APIs for Community Needs: Saturday, June 4

Logan

May 18, 2016, 11:11:06 AM5/18/16
to US Government APIs
DC APIoneers,

We'd like to invite you to join us for the National Day of Civic Hacking 2016 at Chief’s offices downtown. During this year's event, we're digging into the community of micro-enterprise which are the keystone to livable neighborhoods and a path to greater social mobility for women, minorities and vulnerable populations.

For those who love working with APIs, you’re gonna love this hackathon. We’ve created a special tool-kit to leverage #opendata (if you’re into that kind of thing) and will also be encouraging teams to create mashups with other APIs (cognitive services, twitter, yelp, etc...) to help inform these stakeholders’ decisions.

National Day of Civic Hacking DC - Splash - Local businesses are the backbone of the community. These "mom and pops" shops recycle more funds and create more jobs for ...

The National Day of Civic Hacking is dedicated to leveraging public/private collaboration, open data and information technologies towards improving our local communities. Microbusinesses are the backbone of these communities.

We feel that if there is one thing that can save neighborhoods and small communities both in the US and in the developing world, it’s enabling and empowering these locals to survive and thrive in an increasingly globalized economy.

Read our post about the event on DigitalGov. If you’re curious how it feels to participate, check out some photos/videos from last year.

Learn more about this year's event and register here:

For those outside of DC, find your local installation of the NDoCH at: hackforchange.org

Best regards and wishes,

The Small Business Hacker Coalition

Think global, hack local.