18f makes it to NPR!

Alan Sill

Jan 28, 2015, 7:21:37 PM1/28/15
to us-govern...@googlegroups.com

Christopher Murphy

Jan 29, 2015, 7:10:47 AM1/29/15
to Alan Sill, us-govern...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for sharing.

Now, for a completely different mention of 18F (saw it a few days ago)...

Thanks,

Chris Murphy
Program Analyst
USDA/FAS on assignment to USAID/E3/PLC
202-712-0291
cmu...@usaid.gov

Gray Brooks

Jan 29, 2015, 9:31:24 AM1/29/15
to Christopher Murphy, Alan Sill, us-govern...@googlegroups.com
Ha.  Good catch.

Every project at 18F is API-centric and that matters, but yes actually - that piece on Yoz (one of the 18F team based in the San Francisco office) is something else entirely.   We are super proud of him for the work he does in government and out.

Gray
--

------------------------------

Sr. API Strategist
Team 18F - GSA

Philip Harding - XACC

Jan 29, 2015, 9:46:46 AM1/29/15
to Alan Sill, us-govern...@googlegroups.com
Nice piece - thanks for the share. It's a great hill we are climbing to change public perception of government as a whole.

FYI: I have seen a lonely ping pong table in the wild down in the GSA basement gym waiting to host a tournament - it's BYOB (bring your own ball - and paddles).

Leah Bannon - XFB

Jan 29, 2015, 10:58:29 AM1/29/15
to Philip Harding - XACC, Alan Sill, us-govern...@googlegroups.com
ha! awesome: "the American government’s haphazard network of websites"

--
Leah Bannon
@18F Product Manager

Myehsha Boone - ID-C

Jan 29, 2015, 11:17:12 AM1/29/15
to Leah Bannon - XFB, Philip Harding - XACC, Alan Sill, us-govern...@googlegroups.com
Kudos to the 18F team!
Myehsha Boone
GSA-OCIO
1800 F. ST NW
Washington, DC 20405

Maher, Mary - ERS

Jan 29, 2015, 6:24:39 PM1/29/15
to Myehsha Boone - ID-C, Leah Bannon - XFB, Philip Harding - XACC, Alan Sill, us-govern...@googlegroups.com

I join in the congratulations! Well done, and well-deserved recognition!

Which brings me to a question I’ve been struggling with… Those offices—cool! Projects—way cool! People too, obviously. But specifically how were you able to create the team? We’re in the government, afterall, and at some point we have to firm-up position classifications…

If you really want to change government one agency at a time, can you help a fella fellow Fed out? Would you mind sharing the Position Descriptions (PDs) of these positions?

Mary Maher

Chief, Web Services Branch

Information Services Division

USDA’s Economic Research Service