1st API from Federal Election Commission

Leah Bannon - XFB

Jul 8, 2015, 3:03:42 PM7/8/15
to us-govern...@googlegroups.com, Lindsay Young - XFB, Joshua Carp - XFB, Alison Rowland - XFB
Hello! Today, the Federal Election Commission released their first API with a lot of important campaign finance data. 18F worked closely with our awesome team of partners at the FEC on this, and there's more to come.

The endpoints are organized around concepts that we hope are more intuitive, like candidates (instead of the forms). Our search endpoint accepts partial names in queries, so you can make your own type-ahead search. Learn more in Lindsay Young's blog post.

The API docs (with swagger) are at https://api.open.fec.gov/developers

WE WANT YOUR FEEDBACK! The code is on github. Discuss FEC data with us in our google group. Post questions on the Open Data Stack Exchange.

--
Leah Bannon
@18F Product Manager