[Job] Rails Developer - Orca Health

Nelson

Mar 2, 2015, 6:45:26 PM3/2/15
to ur...@googlegroups.com
We are looking for another develop to add to the OrcaHealth team. We will give preference to more experienced developers, but we are happy to invest into a junior developer if it were the right fit.

About Orca

OrcaHealth develops mobile and web applications for physicians, surgeons, physical therapists, etc to help educate their patients. We replace those lame handouts you would get at a doctors office with interactive content that helps educate you about your diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitations. We have a team of highly talented developers and designers and have built a pretty impressive product (IMHO).  Although we are a small team, we pay market salaries. You can checkout orcahealth.com to see more about our products.

Orca Engineering

We have a small but effective development team. There are currently only two of us working on the Rails side, but we have a lot of web / API work we need to get done, so you will be a core contributor to our team. We invest in our people and in our code base by adhering to a pull request culture. We expect everyone to review code and have their code reviewed. We pride ourselves in writing quality software, so we need someone who is committed to writing maintainable/discoverable code. We religiously write rspec tests for the model and for the request layer. We use Github to collaborate. We employ zero down time deploys utilizing docker and S3. Even though we only have 2 Rails devs, we still deploy several times per day to production.

What We Will Be Building

We are in the middle of breaking our monolithic Rails app into smaller services to serve our dozen or so iOS apps. We drink the microservice kool-aid; you'll play a big part in helping us make that architectural shift.  We also have two new JSON APIs that we need to write to support new mobile products. Lastly, we need to write a web app for our doctors.

We use active model serializers for our APIs and we prefer to use the Rails view on the front-end of our web services. We mix in Backbone to our complex Rails views, and will not be pursuing a heavy MVC javascript framework. Our views are generally static and we don't feel like we need to force the single page app paradigm.

What We Look For

We look for people who love to learn and pride themselves on writing quality software. If you aren't content with your current abilities and are looking for a team to encourage you to become better, you'll fit in great at Orca.

Who To Contact

If it sounds like this is an environment that you could thrive in, shoot me an email: nel...@orcahealth.com. I'd love to hear about what you have built in the past and what you could bring to the table.

J. R. Westmoreland

Mar 3, 2015, 2:34:10 PM3/3/15
to ur...@googlegroups.com
Are you guys a windows or Mac shop?

J. R.

--
http://utruby.org
http://groups.google.com/group/urug

please prefix the subject with [JOB] when regarding job opportunities
---