Who's Hiring? 2015 Fall Edition

Mike Moore

Sep 21, 2015, 3:08:40 PM9/21/15
to Utah Ruby User Group
Its that time of the year again! If you have openings then please reply to this thread with info about your company and what skills and qualifications you are looking for.

Let's see those job posts!

Bartman

Sep 21, 2015, 4:39:00 PM9/21/15
to Utah Ruby Users Group
Movement Ventures.

Our core product is currently in Rails, though we are building and exploring options in Elixir as well.
Thanks
Bart

BJ Neilsen

Sep 21, 2015, 6:49:51 PM9/21/15
to ur...@googlegroups.com
Nuvi is looking for Ruby Engineers and front-end Javascript Engineers to work in our Rails+React service architecture. We recently moved up to Thanksgiving Point and are in the process of building a new building (adjacent to the movie theaters at Thanksgiving Point). We're a five year-old company growing in the Social Media industry, providing 900+ customers with social media listening, analytics, and publishing tools. Our team of engineers has grown from 5 to 15 in the last year and we're still looking for great people to build great software with.

Contact me directly and let's chat!

BJ Neilsen
VP Engineering
Nuvi, LLC

PS, Thanks Mike for the thread ;)

--
http://utruby.org
http://groups.google.com/group/urug

please prefix the subject with [JOB] when regarding job opportunities
---

Jake Mallory

Sep 21, 2015, 8:08:29 PM9/21/15
to ur...@googlegroups.com
Landcar Casualty is hiring engineers. We’re a stable 25 year old warranty and insurance business (not known for our comapny name :) located in Sandy and a part of the Larry Miller organization. Ruby is our primary lang but we also have golang web services and a heavy dose of javascript/react in the browser.

Bullet points can be found at the link below but feel free to contact me directly jmallory at landcar.com

Jake Mallory

On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 1:08 PM, Mike Moore <blow...@gmail.com> wrote:

Its that time of the year again! If you have openings then please reply to this thread with info about your company and what skills and qualifications you are looking for.

Let's see those job posts!

Jason Mavandi

Sep 22, 2015, 12:00:28 PM9/22/15
to ur...@googlegroups.com

mattban

Sep 22, 2015, 12:53:32 PM9/22/15
to Utah Ruby Users Group
Simple Finance is hiring Junior and Senior Developers, primarily Rails with some Angular mixed in here and there at the moment.  We are starting some apprentices in October so if you are interested in mentoring in addition to getting work done this is a solid opportunity.

Company is stable and profitable, currently in Midvale but a move is in the near future, it will remain in the South end of the valley but might go Sandy or Draper, the next office is still being finalized.

Free drinks/snacks and good benefits and pay.  If you are interested in finding out more about us and the positions available, contact me on the URUG slack channel(@mattban) or by email matthew.banbury -at- simplefinance.com.

I'd rather go to lunch or get a coffee instead of link you to a job posting with bullet points about your skills.  I'll be at the slc.rb meetup tonight as well.

David Moulton

Sep 23, 2015, 11:15:34 AM9/23/15
to ur...@googlegroups.com
Echostar is looking for a developer to work on back-end systems and API building for our product, http://slingtv.com. Currently, our product is written in Ruby and Clojure, with ongoing development happening in Clojure. If you have Clojure experience, or are interested in learning, we'd love to talk to you.

We're located in American Fork. There are also openings on other teams for iOS, Android, and Javascript development positions.

dave

On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 1:08 PM, Mike Moore <blow...@gmail.com> wrote:
Its that time of the year again! If you have openings then please reply to this thread with info about your company and what skills and qualifications you are looking for.

Let's see those job posts!

James Thompson

Oct 15, 2015, 12:50:33 PM10/15/15
to ur...@googlegroups.com
Mavenlink is looking to build a new team here in Utah to extend their existing engineering efforts in San Francisco. We are currently looking for a mix of Ruby and JavaScript/CoffeeScript engineers at various experience levels. One other engineer, and myself, are already located here in Utah and working out of The Holodeck co-working space in SLC. If you enjoy pair programming and want to be part of establishing a fresh team culture for a growing SaaS company then send me a resume at ja...@mavenlink.com, or jo...@mavenlink.com.

About Mavenlink

Mavenlink’s mission is to reinvent the way businesses do work. We provide technology, expertise, and services that enable organizations to conduct business in today's fast-moving, networked economy. Our core product is a project management solution used by creative firms, and others, to keep their projects on track and to help identify opportunities to expand profitability.

Mark E.

Oct 15, 2015, 1:16:25 PM10/15/15
to ur...@googlegroups.com
The Company
OBS builds SaaS solutions for employers and property managers to facilitate collecting applicant data, generating forms and contracts, and performing background checks.

OBS offers the best of both worlds: its a startup backed by a larger company.  So you can be a part of a small team of engineers with the payroll and benefits of a larger company.

Located in Draper off 12300 S and I-15.

The Position:
We are looking for a talented full stack engineer to help drive product development.  We need someone who is a self-starter and capable working with minimal instructions.  If you enjoy:
  • wearing many hats
  • juggling user experience with security concerns
  • finding the best solution to a problem
  • experimenting with new tech
  • well designed code
  • designing UI
  • writing APIs
  • talking about performance and scalability
  • writing automated tests
  • having an opinion that matters
  • having an influence on the overall product and its design
Then come talk to us.  Your choice of computer (Mac or Linux) and IDE/text editor.

Our Stack:
  • AWS
  • Linux
  • SOA
  • RoR
  • React
  • RSpec
  • MySQL
  • MongoDB
  • Redis
  • Ruby
  • Javascript
  • CoffeScript

Benefits:
Health, vision, dental, paid vacation and company holidays, and 401(k). Salary DOE

Contact Us:
If this sounds interesting to you, we'd love to hear from you. Send your resume to jo...@onboardingsystems.com.

--
http://utruby.org
http://groups.google.com/group/urug

please prefix the subject with [JOB] when regarding job opportunities
---

Mark Ericksen

Jake Mallory

Andy Leavitt

Oct 26, 2015, 11:29:26 PM10/26/15
to Utah Ruby Users Group
TruHearing is a health services company that helps people with hearing loss afford hearing aids. We work with major health insurance plans, hearing aid manufacturers, and local healthcare providers across the United States to significantly reduce the cost of hearing aids available to our customers. We’re a fast-paced, customer-focused organization with an entrepreneurial spirit that is committed to making a real difference in people’s lives.

Ruby, Rails, Angular.

We pair and write tests!

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/72805501