March UV.rb

Michael Ries

Feb 12, 2015, 12:02:45 AM2/12/15
to ur...@googlegroups.com
Our March meeting of UV.rb will be about two questions:

How do you get a job?
How do you find engineers?

If either of those questions is interesting to you, then I want YOU to volunteer to spend 5 minutes sharing your best practices for hiring the right people, or being the best candidate.

It doesn't matter whether you just got done with school / bootcamp, or you've been programming for 30 years. The purpose of this meeting will be to share our knowledge and pick up some new tricks.
Please respond to me directly, or to this thread if you are interested and let me know which question you want to address.

Michael Ries

Feb 21, 2015, 6:12:11 PM2/21/15
to ur...@googlegroups.com
We have several volunteers now that represent the, "been there and done, that" crew of URUG people, but I would love to get some volunteers from people who are newer to the process of getting jobs in the tech field.

I think it would be valuable for everyone involved to understand what interviewing and applying for jobs looks like and feels like to new programmers. If you are a student, recent graduate, bootcamp graduate, or self-taught with less than 3 years of experience programming I would love to hear from you. Please send me an email and spend 5 minutes sharing your experience.

Michael Ries

Feb 21, 2015, 6:30:57 PM2/21/15
to ur...@googlegroups.com
Just realized that the second Tuesday of March is March 10th,which is also the second day of MountainWest RubyConf (thanks for the heads up Nelson!). I definitely will not be skipping out on MountainWestRubyConf activities in order to be at UV.rb. How do people feel about meeting Mar 17 (the 3rd Tuesday)?

--
http://utruby.org
http://groups.google.com/group/urug

please prefix the subject with [JOB] when regarding job opportunities
---

James Thompson

Feb 21, 2015, 7:13:55 PM2/21/15
to ur...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like a good option to me.

Sent from my iPhone

CarbonData

Feb 21, 2015, 10:47:52 PM2/21/15
to ur...@googlegroups.com
+1 to move it to the 17th

Branden Giacoletto

Claron Twitchell

Feb 22, 2015, 11:46:54 AM2/22/15
to Urug
+1

Chris Carlson

Feb 24, 2015, 2:51:30 PM2/24/15
to ur...@googlegroups.com
Hey Michael

I wouldn't mind sharing what my experiences have been like interviewing.

Thanks

Chris Carlson