[JOB] Empower IT rails developer

Max

Dec 2, 2011, 11:33:34 AM12/2/11
to Utah Ruby Users Group
Hi all,

My boss put the following together. We're starting the search for
good people to help us move forward using rails etc. Here's his
description. Feel free to contact me if you want more info, send a
resume. email to amaxwell AT empowerit DOT com

Empower IT, Inc. A well-established company with over 25 year’s
business experience is seeking Ruby on Rails Software Engineers. Join
a small cohesive team of agile engineers building a Ruby on Rails
application to solve customers' enterprise management problems. Small
iterations, daily standup meetings and lots of automation help us
deliver value to our customers in six- to eight-week release cycles.
Flexibility in commute schedules and the ability to work from home on
occasion are an option.

We are seeking a talented, enthusiastic Ruby on Rails Engineer to
design, prototype, and develop our innovative reporting platform using
the latest in open source technologies. This position requires a
balance of knowledge, ingenuity and the ability to solve problems
outside of the candidate’s core area of expertise. Researching,
troubleshooting and prototyping are key tools required for success.

Job Responsibilities:
• Work in a fast-paced, agile team to rapidly deliver new capabilities
to our customers
• Design, prototype, and develop solutions for the product using Ruby
on Rails
• Build intuitive and easy-to-use Web-based user interfaces
• Relentlessly unit test your code to ensure the highest quality
experience for our customers
• Research and suggest implementation of new technologies
• Continuously learn to better yourself, the product and the
collective knowledge of the team
• Act as a mentor to other experienced software developers on the team
as they learn Ruby and Rails
Education and Experience:
• Knowledge of working in a Mac or Linux environment
• 3+ Years working with Opensource Databases MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc
• Thrive in an independent, dynamic start-up feel environment
• Have experience in and prefer to work in an Agile development shop
• 2+ years professional experience with Ruby on Rails required
(Experience delivering a commercial product or major internal system
is strongly preferred)
• Strong Web user interface development experience using HTML, CSS,
Ajax, and JavaScript is preferred
• 5+ years professional software development experience
• 3+ years testing enterprise or consumer web applications
• Strong working knowledge of testing methodologies and strategies
• Ability to query databases and create test data
• Experience testing both UI as well as back end interfaces.
• Have hands-on experience in automation & testing tools
• Have a penchant for finding ways to get things done
• Are passionate about finding bugs in websites
• Are well organized and communicate well
• Experience with tools such as LoadRunner, httperf, JMeter, Siege
• Experience testing SaaS applications