URUG Slack Organization

Ryan Holdaway

Mar 12, 2015, 6:36:07 PM3/12/15
to ur...@googlegroups.com
So the URUG now has an official Slack Organization. For the OG's among us, this new community might remind you of the good ol' days of IRC, but with an actual chat client with real features and stuff.

If you would like to join, add your name to the list: http://goo.gl/forms/L8McKQUh03 or send me an email and I'll invite you.

Claron Twitchell

Mar 12, 2015, 11:44:42 PM3/12/15
to Urug
Thanks for setting that up!

--
http://utruby.org
http://groups.google.com/group/urug

please prefix the subject with [JOB] when regarding job opportunities
---

Ryan Holdaway

Mar 13, 2015, 12:08:03 PM3/13/15
to ur...@googlegroups.com
You're welcome.

After all the great feels at MWRC, I just realized it was time we had something like this.

Amanda Walter

Mar 13, 2015, 1:42:50 PM3/13/15
to ur...@googlegroups.com
I second Claron's thank-you! This is a great idea, Ryan!

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 4:36 PM, Ryan Holdaway <rho...@gmail.com> wrote:
So the URUG now has an official Slack Organization. For the OG's among us, this new community might remind you of the good ol' days of IRC, but with an actual chat client with real features and stuff.

If you would like to join, add your name to the list: http://goo.gl/forms/L8McKQUh03 or send me an email and I'll invite you.

Paul Baker

Mar 16, 2015, 11:37:39 AM3/16/15
to ur...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Ryan! Slack is legit. Great idea.

Sent from my iPhone

phaedryx

Apr 14, 2015, 5:03:11 PM4/14/15
to ur...@googlegroups.com
Let's add this to the URUG site: https://github.com/rauchg/slackin

Ryan Holdaway

Apr 15, 2015, 3:33:12 PM4/15/15
to ur...@googlegroups.com
That is a great idea.

Who is the maintainer of the URUG website?

Michael Ries

Apr 15, 2015, 3:52:49 PM4/15/15
to ur...@googlegroups.com
The URUG site is hosted as a github pages project (https://github.com/urug/urug.github.com). Any of the organization owners can update it (including me). Do you mind opening a PR with the changes? (I said lazily, while waxing my mustache)

Ryan Holdaway

Apr 15, 2015, 6:44:17 PM4/15/15
to ur...@googlegroups.com
Sure.

But I'm not writing any tests!

Paul Baker

Apr 16, 2015, 5:42:31 PM4/16/15
to ur...@googlegroups.com
Is the slack channel up and running? I think I put my name through the form, but I'm not sure I got an invite. Ryan any help?

Thanks,
Paul

Paul Baker

Want to talk? Schedule some time.

Ryan Holdaway

Apr 16, 2015, 10:30:30 PM4/16/15
to ur...@googlegroups.com
Hey Everyone, here is a new link that will automagically send you an invite: http://urug.herokuapp.com/

Paul- If you drop your email into that form and an invite doesn't come, send me a PM and I'll manually invite you.