slc.rb February is tomorrow! (24th)

Matthew Nielsen (Gmail)

Feb 23, 2015, 5:02:48 PM2/23/15
to ur...@googlegroups.com
It’s February already! The flowers are frozen solid, the birds are thinking about flying south again but slc.rb is looking ahead to spring!

This month we’re privileged to have Nick Major, Senior Developer at CrowdEngine, thaw us out with object oriented designs patterns in Ruby. After, we’re going to try to used our new object-orientation skills a group activity or two and see where it takes us.

As always, all experience levels are welcome, even if you’re not yet a Ruby programmer but are just interested in learning more. If you have any programming questions or have some code that just needs a second pair of eyes, there will be plenty of time at the end of the night to question, pair, poke and prod other developers to get the answers you need.

Come hell or high water (or flash-floods if we get too much sun!) we’ll have food provided, so you know the drill: +1 here or on the Google Plus event.

We’ll meet February 24th at 6:30pm at:

SLCC Miller Corporate Partnership Center
9690 South 300 West, 3rd floor, room 333
Sandy, Utah

When you get out of the elevator, take a right, go down the hall to the very end and room 333 is on the left.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!
—Matt N

Brian Broderick

Feb 23, 2015, 9:28:26 PM2/23/15
to ur...@googlegroups.com
At least +1.  Maybe +3

CarbonData

Feb 23, 2015, 10:45:26 PM2/23/15
to ur...@googlegroups.com
+1
I'll be there, Sounds awesome!

Branden Giacoletto
--
http://utruby.org
http://groups.google.com/group/urug

please prefix the subject with [JOB] when regarding job opportunities
---

Dave Hackett

Feb 24, 2015, 10:46:13 AM2/24/15
to ur...@googlegroups.com
+1

Dave Nelson

Feb 24, 2015, 10:50:42 AM2/24/15
to ur...@googlegroups.com
+1

Dave Nelson

Feb 24, 2015, 10:51:12 AM2/24/15
to ur...@googlegroups.com
Wait, I rsvped on Google+ already. -1

Mark R. Johnson, MD

Feb 24, 2015, 10:57:46 AM2/24/15
to ur...@googlegroups.com
+1

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mark R. Johnson, M.D.
1899 Siesta Drive
Cottonwood Heights, UT 84093

Adrian Madrid

Feb 24, 2015, 11:18:21 AM2/24/15
to Utah Ruby User Group
+1

Adrian Madrid
aema...@gmail.com

Joshua Richardson

Feb 24, 2015, 3:13:05 PM2/24/15
to ur...@googlegroups.com
+1

John Thornton

Feb 24, 2015, 6:23:16 PM2/24/15
to ur...@googlegroups.com
+1

Nicholas Major

Feb 25, 2015, 12:17:50 PM2/25/15
to ur...@googlegroups.com
Hey everybody,

Here is my slide deck from the presentation last night.

Also, here are my blog posts that I used when creating the deck:

Thanks to everybody who participated.
-Nick

Adrian Madrid

Feb 25, 2015, 1:20:15 PM2/25/15
to Utah Ruby User Group
Thanks for your presentation. It was great and the conversation it sparked was great too.

Adrian Madrid
aema...@gmail.com

Ben Nelson

Feb 25, 2015, 1:34:19 PM2/25/15
to ur...@googlegroups.com
Great presentation!

Xmission

Feb 25, 2015, 1:59:18 PM2/25/15
to ur...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I had to bail early.  I really enjoyed the presentation.  Thanks nick!

Sent from my iPhone