JOB - here are a few jobs looking for ruby devs in our area

Allen Maxwell

Nov 6, 2015, 9:09:37 AM11/6/15
to ur...@googlegroups.com
I talked with STG, a local company that hires developers and then contracts them out to various projects.  I found them very interesting and they’ve also sponsored a few of our group meetings.  Wade asked me to post the following jobs they have to fill on the group.  The company hires developers as full time employees and you get to work on a variety of projects as need arises.

Client in North Salt Lake
Ruby on Rails Developer - Backend

Details:

Seeking a developer with a passion for UI/UX, great HTML/CSS/JavaScript skills and that can work within a Ruby on Rails app. The ideal profile combines deep experience in web design and strong understanding of implementing markup. You must be able to demonstrate prior experience on web sites you’re proud to show off for their polished UI, appropriate use of JavaScript and standard CSS best practices.

You should be passionate about:

· User experience and goal-directed design

· Current Rails/jQuery best practices

· Style, presentation, and design

You should be very strong on all of the following:

· JavaScript – including jQuery and cross-browser compatibility

· Ruby on Rails

· Ability to own projects end-to-end

SQL

MongoDB

Mac / Linux development environment

Bonus skills:

· HTML5 fanciness (e.g. websockets, canvas)

· Test Driven Development (TDD) Rspec Test Case

· Agile Project Management

Client in Provo
Ruby Developer

Details:

I don't have a lot here, but the client is looking for a permanent resource.  Looking for a mid-level Ruby developer with 2-4 years experience.

Client in Draper
Ruby Developer

Details:

Here's a rundown of the "technology" stack—I've included some non-tech, but just as important stuff as well—used by the teams we're interested in augmenting:

    • Ruby (but not Rails)
    • C++
    • Linux (specifically Ubuntu)
    • Video (decoding, encoding, ffmpeg, closed captions, audio-video sync, etc.)
    • SOLID software principles (these are very important to our team) SOLID (Single responsibility, Open-closed, Liskov substitution, Interface segregation and Dependency inversion) is a mnemonic acronym introduced by Michael Feathers for the "first five principles" named by Robert C. Martin[1][2] in the early 2000s[3] that stands for five basic principles of object-oriented programming and design
    • Scrum agile (for real)
    • Automated testing (rspec, boost, mocha, etc.)
    • JavaScript
    • Chef
    • MongoDB
    • Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo)
    • AWS (EC2, S3, CloudFront, OpsWorks, etc.)
Continuous integration