OpenWest 2016 - Schedule Announced & Community News

Victor Villa

May 6, 2016, 5:03:52 PM5/6/16
to ur...@googlegroups.com
** 2016 Conference Schedule posted

We are very pleased to announce the release of the 2016 OpenWest Schedule. Now a 4-day conference, OpenWest 2016 has a strong focus on Big Data, Security, Javascript, Business, and Ops, while still continuing additional tracks on topics that you love including: Programming, Community, Geek Life and more!  See Schedule (https://www.openwest.org/schedule/#tab-2016-07-13)

** Young Technologist Conference @OpenWest

The 7th Annual Young Tech conference is scheduled for July 16th at the OpenWest Conference.  Registration for the Young Tech Conference starts June 1st.

Call for Papers for this conference is now open.  We are looking for teens aged 13 - 18 to present at this conference.  If you know a padawan that is strong in the force, please have them submit their proposal to https://www.openwest.org/young-tech/ .  Papers must be submitted by May 31st 11:59p

This year's tracks include:
* Programmer
* Electrical Engineer
* Graphic Design
* Game Design
* Cyber Security
* System Admin
* Geek Life

** Community News - Kids Coding Con
Our Community Partner,
Utah Geek Events, is hosting a summer technology event for kids!
* Cost: Free!
* Schedule: Sessions listed on the site, We are still looking for more speakers!
* Event Date: June 11, 2016
* Location: Neumont University 143 Main St, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
* Website/Register: https://kidscodeconvention2016.eventbrite.com (https://kidscodeconvention2016.eventbrite.com/)
* Follow us: Twitter @utahgeekevents (http://www.twitter.com/@utahgeekevents)
* Twitter Hash Tags: #UtahKidsCon

Kids Coding Con is a one day event for kids ages 5+ to learn about programming and what they can do with computers. Mark your calendars and give your kids a great way to start off the summer learning about programming and game programming. We will have a competition(http://bit.ly/23i5kN9) this summer that the kids can take part in and win prizes.