Update on Zurich Lat/Long

1 view

Tim

Mar 22, 2013, 9:40:12 PM3/22/13
to urdacha
Everyone,

Sorry my bad. I missed the lat/long data as I didn't process the Zurich
scheduled_vs_arrivals table. This has the actual time of arrival and
columns called lat , long.
The arrival times are in seconds since midnight. The Lat/Long
coordinates are NOT in lat/Long degrees, minutes or decimal degrees (
expecting 46 22' N and 8 33' E )
which in the UTM system is 465386 Easting, 5134886 Northing.

It will take me several hours tonight to produce ther Zurich Arrivals
vs Scheduled csv files.

Regards

Tim

Theo Armour

Mar 22, 2013, 10:13:47 PM3/22/13
to Tim, urdacha
Hi Tim

See also my previous email.

The more I look at schedule-vs-arrival.excerpt.csv the less I think we need it.

I would rather have passenger-counts.csv with lat long in decimal degrees added.

Here is my reasoning:

For the current endeavor, we don't really care if a vehicle is early or late.

What we are looking for is bunches and gaps.

We can fairly easily determine this by comparing seconds after midnight for vehicle arrivals at stops.

Theo

There is not a long of useful in

Tim