hAxis r4.1 major bug fix

Theo Armour

Apr 2, 2013, 6:39:09 PM4/2/13
to urdacha
Hello fellow Urdachians

Good news!

I believe that permalinks are beginning to work as intended.

You should be able to select any city, any day and any choice of fields for the X, Y and Z axis. Then click the 'permalink' and have a reproductions of those settings appear in a new tab.

Remaining to be added/fixed are colors and trail settings. Also the view is not always being reproduced completely - especially with extreme Field of View settings.

2. Highlighting
Open up the Readout menu.

Click on any line with data.

Look at the 'in-world' scene

Note that the appropriate items are now all black.

Repeat with any other items. Enjoy.

The fix took less than ten lines of code. The efficacy modern languages/environments continues to astound me.

3. What's next with the Coding
I plan to update the home page - adding more permalinks as well as links to source code, warnings about browser support and so on.

In terms of coding, the next step is to update the 'Improved CSV' folder with Tim's latest data and then adjust xAxis to read the new data appropriately.

After that it's going to be destroying caterpillars and identifying bunches and gaps.

4. Communications
Cynthia: could you write a message to the MeetUp page and to the Google Group informing people about the existence of Urdacha and hAxis 4? The message should include links to:

Also directly to hAxis might be a good thing

Note that you don't need the long URLs to get to the various home pages.

If some words could be in French and German that would be great.

Do tell people that loading a day of data can take twenty or more seconds the first time. Zurich with its especially large files can take even longer. But after the first load, returning to a previously loaded page can take only a few seconds

Also please mention that we are only testing on Chrome. And currently there are a number of issues with Firefox that may take some time to fix. In particular FireFox is not caching the data half as well as Chrome.

5. Winner Announcement
San Francisco: Jury announcement Awards Ceremony, at swissnex 11am
Followed by a panel discussion on Open Government Data.

I will attend...

***

Bye for now...

Theo

Cynthia Armour

Apr 2, 2013, 7:07:12 PM4/2/13
to Theo Armour, urdacha
Awesome!! Thanks for the fixes and new features!!!!

I will write something up either today or tomorrow on the Meetup page.

The Jury announcement is on Saturday? I'll see if I can make it too.

Cynthia