Attend Permaculture Courses and Natural Building Workshops THIS SUMMER!!!

Kay Cafasso

May 23, 2016, 2:57:42 PM5/23/16
Dear All ~
Sharing about Upcoming Events with Sowing Solutions Permaculture Design & Education!

Summer Permaculture Design Certification Course, June 18-28
We are one month from the start date of our yearly Summer Intensive Permaculture Course, hooraaaay!!!
This is a highlight of the year for many of us, and we will be designing the new permaculture orchards, creative gathering spaces, and perennial food systems for the Snow Farm New England Craft Program in Williamsburg MA.
We will also be visiting and studying many of our local permaculture sites, demonstrating abundant lessons learned over the years as well as inspiring techniques for growing and preserving food, harnessing and conserving energy, connecting resources, and building resilience in local communities ~ we visit places such as Sirius EcoVillage, Wildside Cottage and Gardens, Beyond Sustainability Home, and Hickory Gardens.
There are a few seats left in the Summer PDC ~ please tell friends and family, as this is a truly nourishing and informative life changing educational event! www.PermacultureSeries.org

Autumn Weekend Series Permaculture Course,  September - November
We are also 4 months from the start date of a weekend Series Permaculture Design Certification Course, that will be offered at a combination of Snow Farm and at Nine Mountain Retreat Center in Plainfeld MA.
 This course is the same course as above, and includes visits to the local permaculture sites, yet we will be designing for the Nine Mouutain Home and Retreat Center, neighbor to the world renowned EarthDance Community.
This course will be held over 3 long weekends: September 24-27, October 21-23, and November 18-20. www.PermacultureSeries.org

Natural Building Workshops This Summer!!
We are delighted to be announcing upcoming Natural Building Workshops in Western MA!
  • First will be an Earthen Plaster Workshop for a straw bale outbuilding:  June 18 or June 25 (date to be confirmed!)~ This building is a demonstration of working with straw as a carbon sequestering practice, instead of allowing the straw to decompose or to be released into the atmosphere.  We are utilizing the insulation properties and structural integrity of straw in this small building.  This is a perfect opportunity to glimpse the construction details of straw bale construction, and to work with mixing and applying earthen / clay plaster!!  Contact us for the registration details: Permacult...@gmail.com
  • We are also offering a Straw Clay Earthen Building Workshops:  July 16-17 or August 5-6. This will be for a beautiful and well built straw bale home where a new construction of a straw clay wall will be created during our workshop ~ a perfect fit for divider walls and for retrofitting spaces with earthen materials.  Earthen plasters, straw bale construction, natural building design will all be addressed.  Contact us for registration details:  Permacult...@gmail.com
Please inform friends about these educational offerings, and we look forward to seeing you this season!

In gratitude and wishing you green abundance,
~Kay & the Sowing Solutions Team

--
Kay McGrenaghan Cafasso
Director of Sowing Solutions~ Permaculture Design & Education

"Let the beauty of what you love be what you do."  -Rumi