Early Birds! Fall Permaculture Design Course Registration ~ Save $200 if registered by FRIDAY!

Sowing Solutions

Jun 18, 2018, 11:11:02 PM6/18/18
Fall 2018 Permaculture Design Certification Course with Sowing
Solutions in Western MA!
~EARLY BIRDS! Start registration by this FRIDAY to save $200 off tuition!

Gather the skills to design for abundance in your home landscape and
for resilience in our communities.

3 Weekends in All: September 28-October 1, October 19-21, November 9-12

www.PermacultureSeries.org

The Upcoming Course:

Your registration in this course will provide you with: skill shares,
discussions, design activities, experience in orchards and forest
gardens, skills to create new gardens, natural building visits and
hands-on activities, numerous tours of local permaculture sites,
immersion in community life, stories and presentations, food
preservation and medicine making workshops, mapping techniques,
networking opportunities, and a certification in permaculture design.

This course is offered by Sowing Solutions, who is celebrating over a
decade of educational permaculture programs.
• Students of this PDC will learn first-hand about working with
design clients and conducting an ecological design. Participants will
be guided through the ecological design process alongside a team of
professional designers and educators.
• A study of permaculture with Sowing Solutions includes visits
to numerous demonstration sites such as Sirius EcoVillage, Wildside
Cottages and Gardens, and Hickory Gardens. You can evaluate and learn
from these leading northeastern permaculture demonstration sites ~
these sites have been growing and evolving for nearly a decade.
• Gaining your internationally recognized certification with
Sowing Solutions is an experience of empowerment, support, inspiration
and skill building.
• All that you learn in this course can be applied at your home.

Course Dates:

Sept 28-Oct 1
Oct 19-21
Nov 9-12

If You Need to Miss a Day:

If for some reason you need to miss a day, don't worry because you
will still be qualified to complete your certification. If you need to
miss more than a day, please let us know ahead of time, as we have
ways for you to make up certain sessions and there can be alternate
classes for you.

Course Location:

We are truly happy to be hosting the course now at the Sowing
Solutions Community Permaculture Hub and Design Studio in the village
of Shelburne Falls. You will have an opportunity to practice
ecological design for residents in the Village!

We will be meeting for class sessions at Sowing Solutions Design
Studio, 8 Deerfield Avenue, Shelburne Falls, MA 01370.. There will be
a few days during the course when we adventure out on field trips to
visit Wildside Cottage and Gardens, Sirius EcoVillage, Hickory
Gardens, etc.

Overnight Accommodations:

We have reserved a number of local guest houses for you, as well as
air bnbs private or shared rooms, and a local farmhouse with dorm
accommodations~ so we will need to know who is staying overnight as
soon as is possible to arrange your accommodations. Our hosts have
set up special discount pricing for our students, hooray! If you are
planning to commute, please also let us know your plans.
Accommodations range from $25-$65 per night, based on your selection
of a shared room, private room, location in town within walking
distance, or a 4 minute drive from the town center to a guesthouse/
farmhouse with private rooms, dorms, or camping options, etc. Camping
is also an option for $10 or $15 per night.

Send Us Your Registration Form:

Attached you will find the course registration form. Please fill this
out today and return to us by email, or print it out and mail it to
Sowing Solutions, 5 Bridge Street, Shelburne Falls, MA 01370.

Meals:

Locally sourced and organic lunches will be prepared for you and this
is already included in your tuition. Breakfast will be prepared for
all overnight guests only. Dinners are an additional fee and all
students (commuters and overnight guests) are welcome to sign up any
or for all dinners.

More Course Info:

Please peruse the course website for more info at
www.PermacultureSeries.org, and please set up a time to chat with us
by phone ~ we are delighted to answer questions about this educational
event, and to help you with fundraising or with logistics, etc.

The Registration Process:

1. Fill out the registration form (see below) and return to us by
email or postal mail at: Sowing Solutions, 5 Bridge St, Shelburne
Falls, MA 01370.

2. Send in a $300 deposit or a full tuition payment as a check or
money order written out to 'Sowing Solutions' at the same mailing
address (Sowing Solutions, 5 Bridge St, Shelburne Falls, MA 01370)

We are available to chat by phone if you have further questions :)
Once we receive an email from you, we will send you the brief
pre-course assignment and all the arrival details as soon as you
register.

Fundraising Support:

There is funding available for you! (In other words ~ do not let
funding stand in your way of this training and certification
program!!!):
Contact us to talk about many fundraising options and we will share
many ideas and strategies with you. Strategies for fundraising that
we have for you are: discounts for college students, template letters
for fundraising work trade applications, scholarship program,
discounts when you bring a friend, payment plans, fundraising
techniques that we can walk you through, accommodation discounts, etc

Your Attendance:

It will be wonderful if you can attend this inspiring and informative
educational event! We will have a number of interesting design
projects to work on together, and we have many existing permaculture
demonstration sites to visit. The weekend series format of this course
gives us a chance to correspond with you during the months between the
class sessions, and provides students with ample time to integrate the
new course material. The three weekends in session are opportune
times for sharing skills, resources, inspiration, networking, and for
forming new and lasting friendships.

More Info and to Contact Us:

Visit our website for more course details, www.PermacultureSeries.org,
watch out our 2-minute video about this course, learn about the
fundraising support that is available, and join us for a fun and
informative weekend series course that starts this April!
Attached here is a detailed Course Information Packet.

If you have any questions, we are delighted to talk with you by phone,
or correspond by email... and we look forward to meeting you!

Wishing you wellness,
~Kay

*** Here is the registration form in these files do not open on your
computer***

Permaculture Design Certification Course ~ with Sowing Solutions

2018 Weekend Series Course: April 20-23, May 18-20, June 8-11

Registration Form

Please email this form to permacult...@gmail.com OR send via
postal mail to Sowing Solutions, 5 Bridge St, Shelburne Falls, MA
01370. Mail all tuition and accommodation fees to this same mailing
address. Receipt of tuition confirms your seat in the course.

Name:

Email Address:

Mailing Address:

Phone:

Emergency Contact During Course Sessions:

Will you be a Commuter or Overnight Guest? If an overnight guest:
Male or female dorm at a local farmhouse? Private room in a local
guest house? Camping?

Do you wish to carpool? (Please indicate where you would be driving
from, and if you would like to offer or catch a ride)

School & Major: (if applicable)

Would you like to arrange for 3 college credits through UMass Amherst
upon completion of this course? All students pay this course tuition;
Additional fees will apply if you are outside of the 5 College
Consortium

Do you have any Dietary Restrictions?

How did you hear about this course?

--
*Kay Aihla McGrenaghan Cafasso*

*~ Director of Sowing Solutions Permaculture Design & Education*
*~ Certified Permaculture Designer & Instructor*

*- *Ecological Planning & Garden Design Services

- Permaculture Design Certification Courses

www.PermacultureSeries.org <http://www.permacultureseries.org/>
www.SowingSolutions.org <http://www.sowingsolutions.org/>

*"Let the beauty of what you love be what you do."* -Rumi