Multiple callback URLs?

Andrew Herrick

Feb 27, 2014, 8:30:18 AM2/27/14
to untappd-api-d...@googlegroups.com
How should I handle authorization in testing for both my development environment and my live website? Ex:

Development callback URL: http://localhost:8172/auth
Website callback URL: http://mywebsites.com/auth

I would think if I could just leave the callback URL blank when editing my Untappd App then just pass the return URL everytime I could have code to change that URL depending on which host I was calling from.

Thoughts?

Greg Avola

Feb 27, 2014, 8:32:15 AM2/27/14
to untappd-api-d...@googlegroups.com
You will need to request two keys, or make changes to your  Redirect URL everytime you want to do changes.  Hope this helps!

Greg

Greg Avola
Co-Founder / CTO
Untappd

Andrew Herrick

Feb 27, 2014, 9:32:28 AM2/27/14
to untappd-api-d...@googlegroups.com
Hey Greg thanks for the reply.

Would you be able to help me in expediting that secondary key so I could use it for "PROD"? I just applied would be a huge help.

Thanks man!

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 8:30 AM, Andrew Herrick <ajsma...@yahoo.com> wrote:
How should I handle authorization in testing for both my development environment and my live website? Ex:

Development callback URL: http://localhost:8172/auth
Website callback URL: http://mywebsites.com/auth

I would think if I could just leave the callback URL blank when editing my Untappd App then just pass the return URL everytime I could have code to change that URL depending on which host I was calling from.

Thoughts?

Greg Avola

Feb 27, 2014, 10:31:26 AM2/27/14
to untappd-api-d...@googlegroups.com
All set!

Greg

Andrew Herrick

Anthony Torres

Sep 26, 2015, 8:48:10 AM9/26/15
to Untappd API Developer Group
Hopefully this helps someone in the future. I was unable to change my callback url because my app was in production and I didn't want to risk breaking live functionality, so I considered requesting a development key but then Eureka!
The way I got around this was to run my service on port 80 and edit my /etc/hosts so 'mywebsite.com'  pointed to 127.0.0.1 that way mywebsite.com/auth (my callback url) would just be my dev callback.

Hope this help!